No announcement yet.

Kidney stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll put it you like this. I packed Toradol and flowmax in my pack for my elk hunt in Sept.

Comment

I’ve past 10 or so over the years, have a pain prescription on hand and drink lots of water till it passes. Worst pain I’ve ever experienced!

Comment

7mm stone passed naturally it broke into 3 pieces one was like a grain of salt and one was a little bigger but this was the biggest of all. Hurt like a mofo to pass…
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
          10 days ago we were headed to Utah for an elk hunt. Kidney stone pain hit me while we were driving. Went into the ER in Steamboat Springs to get a scan and see how big it was. I have had the surgical removal twice before and passed several on my own. Scan comes back at 8mm and it’s blocking my ureter. Thank goodness they had a urologist that didn’t want me to miss my elk hunt. They did the surgery on Sunday morning and we were back on the road that afternoon. Having to hunt the mountains with a stent in place was terrible but not as bad as missing the trip. Like others said, hot water helps. Push lots of fluid and get checked if it gets too bad.

No way?!! You went hunting with a stent??

I don’t know how long those things are but, I’m certain that when I had mine, I could feel it poking my lungs! The only position that was comfortable was “ramrod straight”! Anything else, bending, twisting, he**, even sitting was very uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            No way?!! You went hunting with a stent??

I don’t know how long those things are but, I’m certain that when I had mine, I could feel it poking my lungs! The only position that was comfortable was “ramrod straight”! Anything else, bending, twisting, he**, even sitting was very uncomfortable.
            It was the hunt of a lifetime for me so I just had to deal with it. Killed a huge bull. Will always have that story to tell. Pulled the stent out on our way home in the first hot shower I could find. Feels like 12 inches of barbed wire coming out😳

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
              I can’t imagine having 2 at once

I didn’t have them at the same time, but they hurt just the same. One was 9 and the other 11

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d rather have Covid every day for the rest of the year instead of one kidney stone.

Comment

My dad has them all the time. His Dr said one of the culprits to making them is drinking tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Lmaoed

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                      I’d rather have Covid every day for the rest of the year instead of one kidney stone.

I agree with this. I had covid about a month ago. 3 days after I tested positive I was in the ER with my first stones. Took 4 days to pass them (2). Not one symptom of covid while my body was trying to deal with the stones. I’ll take covid every day as well.

Comment

I've also had two, about 7 years apart. The first took 14 days to pass. The second, they went in and got it at day 5. Worst pain I've ever felt. Second worst pain was the stent he left in the ureter between the kidney and bladder after pulling the second one out...with the ability to pull it out myself after a week. I'll leave that to your imaginations.

No frickin' fun...

Wish you all the best, Wildmatt...

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                          It was the hunt of a lifetime for me so I just had to deal with it. Killed a huge bull. Will always have that story to tell. Pulled the stent out on our way home in the first hot shower I could find. Feels like 12 inches of barbed wire coming out😳
                          You sir win the tough guy award!!! Funny story when I had mine back in the early 90s. That floss string they leave hanging out.....well the doctor or one of his assistants didnt leave enough slack in it if you will when they taped it to my abdomen. About five in the morning I woke up to a pain l hadnt felt before. That floss was trying to cut my member in half length wise! I said a few choice words and ripped that tape off for instant relief!

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                            When I had mine it was way too large to pass so I had to have the lithotripsy(sp). My procedure was scheduled for 1 week later because they only had one machine in the entire Dallas area. During that week I had another attacked and they admitted me to have a stent put in. My nurse during that ordeal told me she had 3 kids and had 2 kidney stones. She told me the kidney stone pain was worse than birthing babies. So I guess men do have an idea of how much childbirth hurts.

Comment

doesn't a lithotripsy (shock wave breakdown of kidney stones) do some damage to surrounding organs as well? I would think there would be some risks there.

Comment

Had them for 30 years and still have some but I've only been hospitalized 1 time. I'm knocking on wood .

Comment

Working...
                                X