Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foxworthy is some kind of funny.

Comment

Had 2. One on each side. All i can say is God bless the man who invented dilaudid.

Comment

I had one 4-5 yrs ago and yeah, women describe it as giving birth to a child.
        The pain in my back started out as low/mild but kept increasing in pain level to where you couldn't sit still, and eventually so bad that I was sick to my stomach while my wife and son drove me to the ER. Took them forever to get me a morphine IV but by then, the doctor said I'd already passed it. Yes, FloMax is your best friend afterward and lots of water. The following week, I kept passing a speck or two here and there, the Dr. said that was normal and was coming from where the stone had passed.
        Cranberry juice doesn't hurt either but since then I've really increased my intake of water, tea, and juices. Pickle juice helps too if you can't stomach vinegar by itself. And I've real backed off of the sodas as well. Haven't had another episode since nor any more UTIs.

Comment

I have battled them off an on since about 1993. I truly feel your pain.
          If it is small enough to pass, drink lots of fluids to get the flushing of your urinary tract going.
          If the pain continues to get stronger it may be too big to pass an will require a ureteroscopy or lithotripsy.
          Good luck to you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
            Had 2. One on each side. All i can say is God bless the man who invented dilaudid.
            I can’t imagine having 2 at once

Comment

Had 2 a few years ago stuck between kidney and bladder with a mild infection, started around 9 at night and stayed up till 5am to call into work and drive myself to the ER. I thought for sure I was dying, tried showers, laying in the bathtub, sitting on the toilet lol and walking around. Still felt like someone was twisting a knife in me. Good luck man, they suck.

Comment

Yup...Quite painful. I have had them 2x requiring a hospital stay and lithotripsy. I have kept myself well hydrated since and have not had an attack(knock wood) in 13 years. Stents in and out were quite the experience. Yahoo!
                The ONLY humor I can find in it all is, a lot of strangers get to play with your hammer and insurance pays for it
                Hang in there. You will get through it. You will learn the hard way, like we all did about hydration and things we should not consume without expecting issues.
                Good luck.

Comment

Kidney stones

Man I hate those **** things. Hope yours come out soon!!

Mine were directly related to taking too much D3 in a supplement. Evidently it promotes calcium buildup in the kidneys. Concerns me since that is something that is suggested in large amounts should I catch the Covid …

Both of these passed. The first one was brutal two night befores it came through. Took close to 6 weeks to pass. It was just a little irritating to go to the bathroom. Never was much pain until the two days before. .[emoji33]. Nurse Deb said she couldn’t believe that passed. Looks like I made my own mini flint TBH broadhead. [emoji23]

Second one 6 months later. Only took two weeks to pass. [emoji15]

Last edited by Smart; 10-11-2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I feel for you, I have been getting them since I was 15. I have about 10 per year and have to get a lithotripsy every 4/5 years to break up some monsters. It's a pain you can't ever get use to

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
                      I feel for you, I have been getting them since I was 15. I have about 10 per year and have to get a lithotripsy every 4/5 years to break up some monsters. It's a pain you can't ever get use to
                      That sounds absolutely horrible

Comment

Been there done that. Who knew something that small could hurt so much.

Comment

I feel for ya brother. I take potassium citrate and allopurinol daily to fight them. Had to have two percutaneous nephrolithotomys in the last 3 years. Like has been said, hot hot shower/bath is your friend. Iv stayed in there for 5 hours straight before.

Comment

10 days ago we were headed to Utah for an elk hunt. Kidney stone pain hit me while we were driving. Went into the ER in Steamboat Springs to get a scan and see how big it was. I have had the surgical removal twice before and passed several on my own. Scan comes back at 8mm and it’s blocking my ureter. Thank goodness they had a urologist that didn’t want me to miss my elk hunt. They did the surgery on Sunday morning and we were back on the road that afternoon. Having to hunt the mountains with a stent in place was terrible but not as bad as missing the trip. Like others said, hot water helps. Push lots of fluid and get checked if it gets too bad.

Comment

I have had them before, they are no fun. I hope you get better soon.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X