No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe not tomorrow but memorial weekend looks good. If anyone is up for getting tore up by ticks, chiggers and skeeters ill be out there doing the same. Just stocked up on permethrin if anyone wants some

Comment

I'm thinking about heading up there this weekend to chase piggies and sweat my bawls off...hopefully P.C. won't be full of noisy idjits...

Comment

What day are you thinking jspradley? Care for a buddy?

Comment

I'm leaving Houston at 3:00, should be out there around 6:00, leaving Sunday.

Hit me up if you are gonna be out there! There's a spot I want to try again this evening if you are down

My # is 229 894 3815 texting is best

Comment

Take me along in spirit, I have a graduation Saturday, work Monday thru Friday.

Comment

How'd you do out there Jspradley? I went in on the north side opposite pc on Saturday and got shredded by mosquitoes. Water was way higher than I expected, and the spots I was interested in checking out were still under water.

Comment

Jumped a boar and an hour later found a nest with tiny piglets. Shot the sow in the neck and hit high it ran off with the arrow and zero blood, may of just hit muscle I'll stick to shoulder area after that. Good times in Granger.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                  How'd you do out there Jspradley? I went in on the north side opposite pc on Saturday and got shredded by mosquitoes. Water was way higher than I expected, and the spots I was interested in checking out were still under water.

The first time I've been out there and didn't see pigs... could've tagged out on Pope and Young class beavers but wasn't sure if they were legal game out there (they are) plus they are having babies right now so I let 'em swim.

I'm man enough to admit I pussed out on Saturday near PC and called it quits early, the heat and bugs were terrible and my boots got flooded. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                    The first time I've been out there and didn't see pigs...
                    I've been having a hard time getting on good sign and/or pigs themselves since the Heli shoot in February. Pretty sure I just don't know Granger's secrets yet.

Comment

There's still a ton of them out there, I saw some good recent sign and saw probably 30 of them are GRXH a month or so after the heli shoot. They just aren't moving around much during the day...not that I can blame them.

If I had been tougher I probably could have found them...but I'm not. lol

Comment

Did you boat in to PC? Or hike?

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                          Did you boat in to PC? Or hike?
                          Hiked/Waded

I got moister than an oyster...

Comment

With the water up it might be a good time to kayak hunt for hogs...

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                              With the water up it might be a good time to kayak hunt for hogs...
                              That Sounds like a good idea

Comment

went back to Granger yesterday hoping to find the Sow I had recently stuck or the big boar I jumped at ten yards but I think I pressured them out of the area, I'd been finding them laying down in tall grass under cover. After my first spot was a bust I tried a new gate, after a 30 minutes walk I started finding fresh sign, suddenly in a swampy area the fresh sign lead me to something big crashing around in the water. I tried to quickly nock an arrow but the big boar must of heard me, he did 8 small grunts and then scurried off. Through the swamp. Good Times at Granger, Hopefully next time will fill a gamebag.

Comment

Working...
                                X