Water Well vs Extending Existing Water Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Well vs Extending Existing Water Line

We are in the process of purchasing some land and are working with the water company to extend their line. We haven't received a actual quote but probably going to be close to $20k.

How much does a well cost to drill with pressure tank and everything?

Land is caliche and black dirt. Should not have any big rock to deal with.

All depends on the depth and size of well. Also what County. Central Texas you can do it for under the 20k. You must have electrical to run the well also.
    With the well, no monthly water bill.

Comment

20-25$ per foot deep

Comment

Call a water well driller. They can tell you approximately what it will cost and what you’ll have.

Comment

380’ drilled with tank and electrical hook and 1 hp pump in South Texas ran me 15k.

Comment

i dug mine my self with a 2 inch water pump 100ft of pipe a water kelly and some 3/4 air line stood in the back of my truck jetted it down 97 ft i went into about 8 ft of sand been running it for about 10 years with a pump from home depot about 400 bucks in the whole well pumps about 5 gallons a minute poor man makes things work out of necessity some times not sure where you are drilling but will help you if you want to drill it yourself

Comment

line

if you own the property go with the line. its an investment. I went the wter well route for years. If you have great water around there ok, but in west texas it gets dry. I would go with the water line.

Comment

Yes we will own the land. I believe the water table is good and stable. The people we are buying from have a well and they have said they do not have any problems.

Comment

I paid $15k for a 450 deep well, with pressure tank, in Medina County (which is all rock!)
                  water is from edwards aquifer

Comment

Our ranch in hondo , a well was $45 per foot, or we could tape into a existing water line
                    My dad chose tapping, uncle and I ran the ditch witch and line , water district stubbed in a valve and we plumbed the rest
                    It’s really your choice, IMO tapping was more reliable and easy to navigate
                    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-02-2021, 05:19 PM.

Comment

We’re fixing to a second well to our place in Lee County, even though we’re on city water. Water rights issues come up each legislative session and, although the legislature has failed to resolve them as of yet, i believe the day will come when a property owner is no longer able to tap into below-ground water without government permission and oversight.

Last we checked, it was going to cost us approximately $25K for a 600’ well. We get water at 300’, but it contains a lot of iron and other sediments—okay for livestock but not human consumption.

Suck it up and do it now while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        We’re fixing to a second well to our place in Lee County, even though we’re on city water. Water rights issues come up each legislative session and, although the legislature has failed to resolve them as of yet, i believe the day will come when a property owner is no longer able to tap into below-ground water without government permission and oversight.

Last we checked, it was going to cost us approximately $25K for a 600’ well. We get water at 300’, but it contains a lot of iron and other sediments—okay for livestock but not human consumption.

Suck it up and do it now while you can.

Pretty hard to argue with this logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                          i dug mine my self with a 2 inch water pump 100ft of pipe a water kelly and some 3/4 air line stood in the back of my truck jetted it down 97 ft i went into about 8 ft of sand been running it for about 10 years with a pump from home depot about 400 bucks in the whole well pumps about 5 gallons a minute poor man makes things work out of necessity some times not sure where you are drilling but will help you if you want to drill it yourself
                          I tackle a lot of task. But I am not sure I would tackle this one. Hats Off to you Tiger!

Comment

In my area, the water supply had a lot of boil orders and other problems, plus, it was going to cost many thousands to get it to the building. I got a well. Really good water. It was 280 feet, and the whole deal cost me 13k.

Comment

Do you have to pay for the water after they bring you the line? I'd rather invest my money in something that's not controlled by someone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X