No announcement yet.

Appetizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of need a theme or variety depending on the event.

Smoke some pork belly. Can be very versatile with seasonings and setup. Serve alone with toothpick. Small corn tortilla with condiments... Sticky bun with condiments... Hawaiian bun with condiments. You get the idea. Also could fry some up as cracklins.

Don't forget boudin balls.

There is a recipe post in the recipe section by Grizz83 for hot fried doves. You could probably copy that with cuts from chicken breast and/or thighs

Always wanted to experiment with quail legs - fried, smoked...

Or one of my all time favorite event appetizers is from Chef John Bonnell. Green Chili Cheese Grit Tacos, dress with pico. Don't turn your nose up. Try one and then get back in line for more!

Comment

boudain balls

Comment

If you want to keep it simple get some ham and American cheese cut on 2 or 3. Lay slices on top of each other and cut into 1-2" strips. Roll up and put a toothpick in them. Then take mustard and add brown sugar until it is thick and to taste as you like it.

Comment

We use ground hog to make scotch eggs. They slice into 1/4s and have a nice presentation.

Comment

Fried Pork Ribs. Have them cut them about 2" long when you buy them, then slice between the bones. Season with salt and pepper, roll in flour, put them in the grease.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

bruschetta ... http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ght=bruschetta

Comment

Mini grilled shrimp skewers. Seared Tuna bites

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    boudain balls
                    Going by kartchners in July. U want balls links or both

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      Going by kartchners in July. U want balls links or both
                      Both probably. Thanks

Comment

My husband likes to take canned jalapenos, slice lengthwise, and stuff with crab meat mix. The crab meat mix is canned crab mixed with mayo, cajun seasoning and paprika. You could use fresh jalapenos, but those will be very hot. Refrigerate.

I like bacon wrapped figs. Slice bacon in half, wrap around a fig. Sprinke the tops with brown sugar. You can mix the brown sugar with hickory steak seasoning or cajun seasoning, too. Bake in the oven on 410 for 20 minutes.

Comment

Both sound good. I don't know where to find figs.
                          Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          My husband likes to take canned jalapenos, slice lengthwise, and stuff with crab meat mix. The crab meat mix is canned crab mixed with mayo, cajun seasoning and paprika. You could use fresh jalapenos, but those will be very hot. Refrigerate.

I like bacon wrapped figs. Slice bacon in half, wrap around a fig. Sprinke the tops with brown sugar. You can mix the brown sugar with hickory steak seasoning or cajun seasoning, too. Bake in the oven on 410 for 20 minutes.

Comment

I'm sorry, I said figs, I meant dates (dried figs).

HEB has them over by the fresh fruits and vegetables. Get the one with the yellow label by Medjool Dates. It already has the pits removed. The red label has the pits.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                              I have an event coming up in September and I'm looking for ideas for appetizers. I'm looking for something different than the usual rattlesnake eggs, poppers' ect ect. Something good on a grill outdoors or deep fried. Thanks in advance!

I hired a local chef that cooks wildgame for a christmas party at my house. I gave him a 3rd of a backstrap which he made Carpaccio. Best dang thing I have ever had!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaunta View Post
                                They are really good grilled but I like them best fried then tossed in a glaze of butter, honey and hot sauce. They are expensive more
 so I only buy them for special occasions - always a huge hit.

What the heck is that link you inserted??

Comment

Working...
                                X