Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trapping deer at Land’s End golf course on Lake Fork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapping deer at Land’s End golf course on Lake Fork.

The HOA at Land’s End golf course on Lake Fork has hired a trapper to trap 100 deer in the subdivision. TV station KLTV did a report that only represented the HOA, and interviewed the HOA president. He claimed that due to overpopulation, that they were seeing malnutrition and deformities in the deer herd. This is total B.S. I have never seen a malnourished or deformed deer in the 20 years I’ve owned my property less than 1/2 mile from this subdivision. These deer are going to a slaughterhouse simply because they eat the landowner’s shrubs. KLTV didn’t research or interview anybody opposing this slaughter. They didn’t interview the landowners that feed the deer so that they can view them. I’m not good on a computer, so I would ask those that are to watch the interview to contact KLTV and voice their opinion.

Rocky- seems to me you don't have a dog in the fight. you don't live there. If they decided they wanted less of a deer population hen they should be able to.

Comment

Overpopulation of deer in the hill country is a very real thing in some areas. My buddy in Boerne will have a dozen deer in and around his yard on any given day and everyone else does too. They used to trap deer in my neighborhood, though they relocated them. At least that’s what they said.

They mow everything down and become hazards on the road when their numbers get too high. They can also present a danger to people when they lose their fear. I don’t think keeping numbers in check where it’s needed is a problem.

Comment

They did the same here in lakeway...too many people getting in accidents here deer are like rats
        I'm all for controlling population if it keeps even one person from a bad accident.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Rocky- seems to me you don't have a dog in the fight. you don't live there. If they decided they wanted less of a deer population hen they should be able to.
          Are you saying that the deer belong to them, and they can regulate the population as they see fit?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
            Are you saying that the deer belong to them, and they can regulate the population as they see fit?
            If they are overpopulated and doing damage, they need to be controlled. Hopefully a good use of the meat will be found.

Comment

All this will have to be with the permission of the TPWD and they will determine what is done with them The State Of Texas owns the deer, not the HOA.

Comment

Believe it or not they have been quietly doing this in Washington DC on and around their beltway for 5 years......

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                  Overpopulation of deer in the hill country is a very real thing in some areas. My buddy in Boerne will have a dozen deer in and around his yard on any given day and everyone else does too. They used to trap deer in my neighborhood, though they relocated them. At least that’s what they said.

They mow everything down and become hazards on the road when their numbers get too high. They can also present a danger to people when they lose their fear. I don’t think keeping numbers in check where it’s needed is a problem.
                  Land’s End is on a penensula, and the only road is a crater filled county road that safely allows a 45 mph speed. There has been app. 10 deer related crashes in the 20 years I’ve lived here, and zero human injuries.

Comment

Land’s End is on a penensula, and the only road is a crater filled county road that safely allows a 45 mph speed. There has been app. 10 deer related crashes in the 20 years I’ve lived here, and zero human injuries.
                    I’m not familiar with the area, but I wonder why an urban archery hunt wasn’t considered? They’ve done that in several places up here with lots of success around retirement communities/golf course areas.

Comment

Those deer won’t be slaughtered but relocated to less populated areas

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                        All this will have to be with the permission of the TPWD and they will determine what is done with them The State Of Texas owns the deer, not the HOA.
                        Exactly. Pressure by the HOA influences decisions by area biologist. We need to keep as many as we can happy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          Those deer won’t be slaughtered but relocated to less populated areas
                          Wrong. They are be transported to a killing facility.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                            I’m not familiar with the area, but I wonder why an urban archery hunt wasn’t considered? They’ve done that in several places up here with lots of success around retirement communities/golf course areas.
                            TPWD deer management response. “ You can’t control deer population with archery equipment”. I presented this proposal several years ago, when they decided that less than 20 deer needed to be removed.

Comment

Wrong. They are be transported to a killing facility.
                              Well I guess they changed then. When they were trapped in HSB they went to anthrax kill areas. State came and trapped 200 off ex inlaws to go to anthrax area. That's been several yes ago. I participated in severL of those at their ranch

Comment

Working...
                              X