No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2018 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a new place just SW of Laredo in Webb County this year. Place needs a lot of work but has a lot of potential. Going by game cam pics from guys from last year it's a haven for mature 8s. But talking to the lease manager they are going to get aggressive with them this year. We'll find out more after September when we get the survey. Got a dozer coming into clear roads and senderos next month. So I'm kind of exited. I really enjoy the work involved in improving a place. Headed out there in the morning to do some work at camp and maybe a little bass fishing in one of the tanks. Weather should be great.

Comment

We hunt outside of Raymondville north of 186. Ranch looks good this year. Quail population seems to be up based off of all the calls i've been hearing while turkey hunting. Been seeing more nilgai on our place as numbers were down a bunch this past year as well. We just need some dang rain.

Also, will be doing some hunting on the El Sauz this year!

Comment

We got just over an 1" in Southern Webb County last night. Got some stuff done in the cool weather also. Got another feeder and pen up. Even a little fish on action in the tank.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
          We got just over an 1" in Southern Webb County last night. Got some stuff done in the cool weather also. Got another feeder and pen up. Even a little fish on action in the tank.
          Thats a win win Jaime

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be making my first trip back since January to fill feeders and do some dozer work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              I will be making my first trip back since January to fill feeders and do some dozer work.

When are we doing this

Comment

On a new place just SW of Laredo in Webb County this year. Place needs a lot of work but has a lot of potential. Going by game cam pics from guys from last year it's a haven for mature 8s. But talking to the lease manager they are going to get aggressive with them this year. We'll find out more after September when we get the survey. Got a dozer coming into clear roads and senderos next month. So I'm kind of exited. I really enjoy the work involved in improving a place. Headed out there in the morning to do some work at camp and maybe a little bass fishing in one of the tanks. Weather should be great.
                If you're SW of Laredo you're in Mexico.... wrong thread

You guys are making me jealous with your rain reports!

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
                  When are we doing this

Probably next weekend or the weekend after.

Comment

Originally posted by mexico View Post
                    if you're sw of laredo you're in mexico.... Wrong thread :d

you guys are making me jealous with your rain reports!
                    Ha, Ha your rour right. I believe we're SE. 359 area.

Comment

Anyone gone down south yet? How's everything looking in yalls slice of heaven?

Comment

Originally posted by Smith2001 View Post
                        I was at my place outside of Tilden this past weekend. Still some green but starting to burn up pretty quickly. Deer are starting to hit the feed pretty regularly again.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith2001 View Post

I was down last weekend and it was very dry. All our water holes were bone dry. I ended up shooting a nice sized hog and saw some deer but they just started to show horn growth.

Comment

I'll be down in Webb county in a couple weeks doing some dozer work but according to farm logs we got about a tenth of an inch last night. Hopefully in ran off in our tanks. It's starting to get a little dry out there.

Comment

I'll be down in Webb county in a couple weeks doing some dozer work but according to farm logs we got about a tenth of an inch last night. Hopefully in ran off in our tanks. It's starting to get a little dry out there.

Did you switch places you hunt? I though you were closer to us.

Comment

The past three years have been a roller coaster of leases to say the least. Got off the place in Hebbronville two years back to hunt closer to home in Refigio county. Great place with a great group of of guys over there. Only to get pushed out by the wind mill company's.

So, came across a place in Laredo that was high fenced but no real management plan in place. But this year the lease manager is getting serious with the place and we're gonna give it a few years of some type of management direction and see what comes of it. It's got great potential so we will just have to see what comes of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X