Who likes stainless rifle barrels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who likes stainless rifle barrels?

Any positives or negatives? I've never owned one.

Not me, too shiny. I gave my only one to ever own to my son a few years ago. I can stomach composite stocks, but just barely.

Comment

Not me. Ugly.

Comment

I do
        You can also order faxon stainless in black

Comment

I had a savage 116 fluted SS and it shot great, was pretty nice in bad weather “ not much maintenance “ but seemed heavy as heck, but was a great truck gun for clients just a heavy weight

Comment

They can be sharp

Comment

I have a couple custom builds with stainless barrels . But you can't tell because I like cerakoted rifles..

Comment

Stainless is the best way to go. They don’t have to be shiny bare metal they can be any color you want

Comment

To me stainless is about function, as in tote it in the mountains and don't worry about it. They look ok and shoot good and are a tool. Blue and walnut is about looks, I own both and when I want to relax and take it easy I take my "pretty" rifles.

Comment

I love my Stainless No. 1. You can kinda see it in this picture. Looks dam sharp to me, a little heavy but I'm not climbing mountains with it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a fan! Biggest benefit for me is that I can take it out in all weather conditions and not really have to worry about it.

Comment

Love stainless myself, can’t be beat for durability

Comment

Fan of stainless or cerakote. I'm sorta rough on my equipment.

Comment

Yep. I like nice wood and polished blue for looks. But real world hunting rifle, Im a plastic and stainless man. In fact I have been looking for a Howa 1500 in Stainless for a couple of years now....270 or 308....all they offer is blue and cerakote now

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
                              Love stainless myself, can’t be beat for durability
                              Yep!

Comment

Working...
                              X