Home security camera system, exterior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tcooper93 View Post
    Agree...just installed Arlo at my house as well. They have a 7-day cloud service with the purchase. The phone app is very easy to use (even for the wife!).
    Same here. Just got ours. We love it

Comment

Bling

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
        I use blink at several houses. Battery only. No wires. Cloud recording, access from cell. Alerts to mobile. Work really well.
        I have the Blink 5 camera system. Extremely easy to set up. Great system.

Comment

Love my zmodo
          I've had it with DVR for about 6 months now and it's free with app..1tb it stores like 2 months before it rewrites

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
            Bling
            I don't want to attract the criminals and then get them on camera. I just want to get them on camera in case they happen to show up. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
              Is there a monthly fee with the home cameras? Is the camera part of a larger security package?
              One of my best friends has the Ring (2 cameras) and another popular brand (like Arlo but I really don’t remember).

He said they both were about the same in function and setup but the Ring was (if I remember correctly) $3 a month and the other was $10 or maybe $10 per camera. That was for the functions he wanted like live feed to app or recording.

I think that he said you could record locally for free but didn’t have the wireless recording to the cloud, accessible by phone, etc., unless you paid a monthly fee. That was something that he hadn’t thought of when making purchases was the monthly expense. For the two that he tried, he liked Ring all the way. Basically equal quality at a lower monthly fee.

I have tried the none of them so have no clue what is a good setup but I have looked recently and studied a lot more on monthly fees.

Comment

My Qsee cameras where 300$ from Costco came with 6 cameras and can take 2 more. I have had them up for 4 years and they work great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                  Swan has done well for me. motion activated and infrared. Takes great video in daytime and night time. I had someone showing up acting a fool, snooping around, taking photos, digging through my trash along with a few other things. It stores all the video and hooks up to your phone. It did a great job.

One thing I will say that helps is to position your cameras so that they overlap each other. That way a camera can’t be tampered with, without another camera filming it.
                  This is what I have. I have a 4 camera system that I installed myself. Wireless in the sense that they send the signal to the DVR wirelessly but still need a wired power source. Mine are on two story roofs so I wasn't interested in changing batteries . I can watch the cameras from my computer or phone. I have it set to record 30 days worth of stuff. No monthly fees. Buy the equipment and you're done. I still have a 4 camera set that in NIB, but they are wired so the cameras need to be wired into the DVR. If interested I'll make you a good deal on it.

Comment

We have the YI indoor and like it pretty well. No cloud service for us, records to a drive in the camera. You can see and record live view. Cloud service is $60 a year if you want that. All you need is a power source. Pretty inexpensive. The camera was like $35.00 on Amazon.

Comment

We have cameras and hard drives at all of our models. No problems and I can see my sales offices at anytime of the day on any device.

Where are you looking to install? I'll recommend my contractor if you're near.

Comment

This is what I have https://www.alibisecurity.com/lp/alibi-mobile-app
                        So far so good.

Comment

Another vote for the Blink system here.

All you need is good WiFi and 30-45 mins and you can have 4-5 cameras up and running

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                            Swan has done well for me. motion activated and infrared. Takes great video in daytime and night time. I had someone showing up acting a fool, snooping around, taking photos, digging through my trash along with a few other things. It stores all the video and hooks up to your phone. It did a great job.

One thing I will say that helps is to position your cameras so that they overlap each other. That way a camera can’t be tampered with, without another camera filming it.
                            Originally posted by rladner View Post
                            This is what I have. I have a 4 camera system that I installed myself. Wireless in the sense that they send the signal to the DVR wirelessly but still need a wired power source. Mine are on two story roofs so I wasn't interested in changing batteries . I can watch the cameras from my computer or phone. I have it set to record 30 days worth of stuff. No monthly fees. Buy the equipment and you're done. I still have a 4 camera set that in NIB, but they are wired so the cameras need to be wired into the DVR. If interested I'll make you a good deal on it.
                            What is the night time range on those cameras in IR mode? Is it say 30 feet? Less or more?

Comment

same as day as far as I can tell. At night I can see the same things as I can during the day.

Comment

Q-See works great for us.
                                A buddy of mine who researches everything to the gnat's *** decided on them so I decided to piggy back on his research.

Advice: get more cameras rather than less... or at least a unit that can handle more. If your experience is like mine as soon as you get them installed your wife will by intuition start asking to see the areas that are not covered.

Comment

Working...
                                X