air fryers house fires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air fryers house fires?

seeing on the web? i have one thats stays plug in all the time ? Don't leave them plugged in while not in use. There's been lots of fires, and the cause was the air fryers? has the tbh firemen hear of this? thanks for your service.
    Last edited by waterdog; 12-03-2022, 07:55 PM.

That’s funny, saw some stuff the other day and before leaving for work I moved a bunch of cutting boards to unplug ours.

Comment

My wife and kids use ours dang near daily. Every time I go to use it I have to plug it in so maybe they heard this info long ago. Personally I don’t recall going to a fire caused by an air fryer. I have been to many started by clothes dryers……don’t run a dryer when you’re not going to be home

Comment

We only plug ours in when we use it, it’s too big to stay on the counter. Any particular brand identified ?

Comment

I saw this last week. A fireman said he contacted the manufacturer about 6 different fires caused by their product.

Comment

I have not heard of this however, I unplug everything that is not in use with the exceptions of lamps and the TVs. I have seen all kinds of different appliances fail and cause fires so I just don't run the risk.

Comment

I don't leave anything (coffee makers, toasters, blenders, air fryers) plugged in outside using them. Same with electric shavers, hair dryers, etc..

Old school I am sure, but makes me nervous so I always do this.
              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

We have not had any fires with origin being an air fryer that I am aware of. Like many of y’all, the majority of my appliances stay unplugged when not in use. We use the heck out of these things in the firehouse though

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                  I don't leave anything (coffee makers, toasters, blenders, air fryers) plugged in outside using them. Same with electric shavers, hair dryers, etc..

Old school I am sure, but makes me nervous so I always do this.
                  Also phone chargers.

Comment

I saw a post on Facebook on this. I'm calling it BS. If there is any issue with an air fryer, it will throw the breaker, just like any other appliance. They are no more dangerous than a toaster, a mixer, or anything else. And likely less dangerous than a microwave, because people put things in microwaves that they shouldn't, not because of any electrical problem. We use our air fryer several times a week and it stays plugged in most of the time unless we move it for some reason.

Comment

Don't plug in anything that is not UL certified.

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                        I have not heard of this however, I unplug everything that is not in use with the exceptions of lamps and the TVs. I have seen all kinds of different appliances fail and cause fires so I just don't run the risk.

I do this as well. This way, there is never any doubt as to whether you remembered to turn something off or not.

Comment

our department responded to a house fire due to a air fryer catching on fire while plugged in and not in use. luckily we got it out of the house and the home only suffered some light smoke damage

Comment

Interesting, thanks for the heads up!

Comment

I tried to use my wife's air fryer one time and had the house filled with smoke within 5 minutes causing all the alarms to go off and panic. Got it all taken care of, and as far as I could tell she left the catch tray on the bottom uncleaned from the last dinner she made in it and it caught all that grease and scraps immediately on fire.

Comment

Working...
                              X