No announcement yet.

Hag Segment C 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out there today as well. Saw plenty of deer. Jumped a buck and doe bedded 2 different times. 1 was my grande. Had a large thorn penetrate my boot ans about a half inch into my right foot. If yall see someone hopping on there left foot on Thursday it's me. Don't be a stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
      I was out there today as well. Saw plenty of deer. Jumped a buck and doe bedded 2 different times. 1 was my grande. Had a large thorn penetrate my boot ans about a half inch into my right foot. If yall see someone hopping on there left foot on Thursday it's me. Don't be a stranger.
      That sucks about the thorn!

Comment

I might come up and hunt the south end of Texoma Public while y’all push them all out of Godwin

Comment

Northbound-our Airbnb is on 21 acres so we have room to shoot our bows tomorrow and lay out all the gear

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
            Northbound-our Airbnb is on 21 acres so we have room to shoot our bows tomorrow and lay out all the gear

Good luck man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
              Good luck man!!!

Thanks man!

Comment

Anybody up for dinner and a cold beer on Friday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                  Unfortunately, I know nothing of the area. Today was the first time I set foot out there. I probably should have made a trip prior but I was waiting for the sign to be laid down and I've been hunting hard and couldn't make myself get up there before now. I put 5.5 miles in. Found plenty of sign, number of spots pinned. I came across one of the largest sheds I've ever seen. Tons of skulls and bones from deer and pigs. Also, horse apples everywhere! I also came across a buck skull that had the antlers cut off. I wonder if the rangers do that when they find dead heads maybe? Tons of fresh tracks after all the rain so I know they are in there. Biggest tracks were right by the parking.

Quite a few scrapes but only a few had been freshly worked. I will be back out tomorrow to solidify entry/exit routes and make sure I have plenty of backup spots. I wish I knew where everyone was going to go so I can go ahead and eliminate spots but I guess we'll find out Thursday.

There was one truck parked next to me, a black Chevy? Or maybe Dodge? I can't remember; I was in the silver ford F150.
                  I hunted that area in segment B where you found the shed. I have a pic of that exact shed. The pictures just don’t do it justice. Unfortunately I saw more pigs than deer while hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdeppler24 View Post
                    I hunted that area in segment B where you found the shed. I have a pic of that exact shed. The pictures just don’t do it justice. Unfortunately I saw more pigs than deer while hunting.
                    I got selected for the Hagerman hog hunt in March. Would you care to PM or post any info on hogs? Thanks!

Comment

PierceB, I suggest you put boots on the ground, hogs are everywhere- or nowhere.

Comment

The best to you fellers and felletts! Remember us folks who ain't there. We need occasional reports, and pics would help!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          The best to you fellers and felletts! Remember us folks who ain't there. We need occasional reports, and pics would help!

We will do our best Mike to keep everybody updated and entertained with pics

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                            We will do our best Mike to keep everybody updated and entertained with pics

Thank you sir! I'll bring you a beer next time I see ya.

Comment

Man I’m hoping for a great hunt for you fellas!! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Jdeppler24 View Post
                                That's awesome! I though the same thing, pictures didn't show the mass and length!

Comment

Working...
                                X