Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frogs are 8-1 all time in College Game Day games.....lost another lion backer last week. Only position that has really been dinged this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      I read this and I agree but then I look at TCU in year 1 with alot less talent.

Ugh.
      Texas can only run its race.

TCU is on a great run and sometimes teams just have those years and the ball bounces their way. It appears to be TCU's year, but doesn't change the fact Texas improved and that is all they can control.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        I would not be upset if I get to watch the Horns play their bowl game just a short uber ride away.

Texas was looking for improvement from last year and they got it. They were 22 points away from being undefeated so even the games they lost, they were in them. They slipped up vs Tech and OSU which cost them playing for the Big 12 Championship. All in all, year 2 was what it was supposed to be for Texas. Now they need to be net positive in the portal and finish up a good recruiting class.

Lol that’s quite the number twisting and logic there. By the same thought process, Tech was only 5 wins away from a perfect season and CFP bid….Have you met my friend, Hope...?

Comment

Longhorn WR Isaiah Neyor is a beast with NFL talent. He’ll be back next year after sitting this one out with injury.

If he can escape the injury bug, he will quickly rise to the top at Texas next season.

Worthy sees this. The portal makes sense for the 160 pound speedster. He’s been fun to watch but can he survive in the NFL?

Comment

Go Utah Utes...do it again or K St upsets the Frogs...both spreads are less than 3 pts

If both go down it will be....

#1 Georgia vs #4 Bama

#2 Michigan vs #3 Buckeyes

a dream semifinal for the Committee

Of course everyone is assuming that the committee will follow the AP and have USC at #4...with their one loss at then a #20 Utah
            Last edited by MacDaddy67; 11-28-2022, 11:29 AM. Reason: .

Comment

McKinley Jackson will be back for his senior year . . Gig em . .

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                Go Utah Utes...do it again or K St upsets the Frogs...both spreads are less than 3 pts

If both go down it will be....

#1 Georgia vs #4 Bama

#2 Michigan vs #3 Buckeyes

a dream semifinal for the Committee

Of course everyone is assuming that the committee will follow the AP and have USC at #4...with their one loss at then a #20 Utah
                I would think fans would have SEC fatigue by now. Not really wanting to see O S vs Mi again either.

Ga,Mi,USC,TCU would be a nice change.

Comment

Nope 1 -4 will stay intact, LSU has let the collegiate football world know not to show up lame!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    I would think fans would have SEC fatigue by now. Not really wanting to see O S vs Mi again either.

Ga,Mi,USC,TCU would be a nice change.
                    yeah...but nobody nationally gives a flip about TCU honestly.....

its all about money and ratings...we all know that...

This committee is looking for any reason to drop TCU to 5...a loss in the Big 12 game would do it....

Comment

Ohio State had their chance and got blown out at home.

The committee goes by current rankings not then rankings as they should.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by preaux40 View Post
                        McKinley Jackson will be back for his senior year . . Gig em . .
                        But I thought everyone was leaving?

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                          yeah...but nobody nationally gives a flip about TCU honestly.....

its all about money and ratings...we all know that...

This committee is looking for any reason to drop TCU to 5...a loss in the Big 12 game would do it....
                          I agree with this, the committee is praying TCU and one other slip up so they can get Ohio State and Alabama back in the top 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            Texas can only run its race.

TCU is on a great run and sometimes teams just have those years and the ball bounces their way. It appears to be TCU's year, but doesn't change the fact Texas improved and that is all they can control.
                            I'm just a fan much like you. Those were just my thoughts. Over the last 12 years Texas never seems to make the right hire while others a short distance away do. We'll see how next season goes.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 11-28-2022, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              I'm just a fan much like you. Those were just my thoughts.

Absolutely. It’s easy to be jealous of their instant success this season but in the end what matters to me is the success of the team in Austin. While I’m disappointed in some overall things on the season, the overall body of work was there for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                                Longhorn WR Isaiah Neyor is a beast with NFL talent. He’ll be back next year after sitting this one out with injury.

If he can escape the injury bug, he will quickly rise to the top at Texas next season.

Worthy sees this. The portal makes sense for the 160 pound speedster. He’s been fun to watch but can he survive in the NFL?

It will be interesting to see if f Neyor can bounce back. Knees on receivers are tricky to come back from as they guys need to be able to trust it and play with it. Texas is still waiting on Troy Omeire back from his two years ago and I don’t think it’s going to happen.

The Worthy body language bothered me all year. I know Sark calls it his ultra competitiveness and drive to be great, but I call his bs on that.

In todays crazy portal / nil world teams just need to be net positive overall. You will drive yourself mad trying to make sense of what kids are going to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X