Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callahan, Coleman, Jones, Fisher, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford, Taylor…8th edi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
    Our cameras (and actual sitting in stand) are showing few fawns. I think the fawn ‘crop’ suffered greatly from the drought. However, I think the does are looking healthier than normal (not having to support a fawn?).
    Anyone else see similar?
    Yes sir. The last two years great fawn crop . This year probably 20%.
    Doe have eaten well off all the alfalfa, corn and protein we've put out so yeah, they look good.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
      Our cameras (and actual sitting in stand) are showing few fawns. I think the fawn ‘crop’ suffered greatly from the drought. However, I think the does are looking healthier than normal (not having to support a fawn?).
      Anyone else see similar?

We have seen very few fawns this year at our places in Taylor and Nolan county. Probably 25% ish of what the past few years have produced.Quail population also down this year for us.

Comment

My cameras in SW Coleman show few fawns. Given the terrible range conditions, I’m shocked at how few deer are on camera. I would figure every deer would come fight over the corn. Hunts this weekend were very slow.

Actually considering not shooting anything this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn’t see a deer yesterday evening, and not seeing anything promising on camera.

Back at it next weekend!

Comment

Sat opening weekend and it was super slow. Cams are showing very little movement and we only have two fawns. The drought was painful

Comment

Arrowed a solid 8 near Cottonwood this morning. LOTS of does and even saw a couple of fawns. Only 2 big mature deer on camera all all summer/fall. Drought is tough on deer and antler quality is down IMO.

Comment

Few showers tonight in the area.
                Looks like eastern brown missed out again

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  Few showers tonight in the area.
                  Looks like eastern brown missed out again

BP

My place appeared to be under a “yellow” spot on the radar!!

Comment

buddy poured 1.2" out of the rain gauge this AM. we are about 5-6 miles due west of moran. and agreed on stunted antler development due to the drought. Year 20 out there and this may be our worst antler year ever...

Comment

Originally posted by MathewsHNTR View Post
                      Arrowed a solid 8 near Cottonwood this morning. LOTS of does and even saw a couple of fawns. Only 2 big mature deer on camera all all summer/fall. Drought is tough on deer and antler quality is down IMO.

Awesome!

Any pics???

Comment

a little more rain tonight west of moran. wheat fields were planted last week and we've received almost 2" since then. Should at least get the wheat sprigging out...

Comment

Pretty sure we got some just north of Hawley. Not enough to put water in the pond but right now any helps. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221010-221046.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	24695774

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

2/10 at our farm…food plots are beginning to look decent.

Haven’t been able to make it out the past couple of weeks.

What is everyone seeing?

Comment

Went out last weekend, and in Runnels bucks were still together. My big group of 8 bucks broke up into 5/3. The group of three being older deer. With the moon only feeding at night on my place.

Comment

Good rains over night for a big portion of the area. its followed by a couple sunny days, another good chance of rain, then warm and sunny for the balance of the 6-10 day forecast. it should really jumpstart the food plots and wheat fields

Comment

Working...
                                X