61st Knoxville Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

61st Knoxville Nationals

We had a great time this past week in Knoxville, Iowa at the 61st Knoxville Nationals. We had friends from Texas staying at our farm with us. We drove over to Knoxville Raceway each night to see the greatest Sprint car drivers in the world. We managed not to hit any deer driving the back roads at night although we had a few close calls.

Click on the link to see the start of the A Feature. There was a violent crash in the first lap that caused a 30 minute delay.

The second link is the restart of the A feature.

https://youtu.be/eLOk4rIRcnY

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting that you are wearing a Devils Bowl shirt and Bill is sporting his Kennedale shirt! I will have to come to watch the races with you sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
      Interesting that you are wearing a Devils Bowl shirt and Bill is sporting his Kennedale shirt! I will have to come to watch the races with you sometime soon.
      I saw driver and track tee shirts from all over the nation plus Australia and Canada.

Come on and I will take you to the Sprint car capital of the world. You know where we live and you are always welcome.[emoji106]

Comment

Dang! Bill is still ugly!

Looks like a good time Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          Dang! Bill is still ugly!

Looks like a good time Mike.
          [emoji1]

He is on his way home. He left yesterday and was going to stop for the night in Ft. Smith, Arkansas. This is is the 3rd year he has come up to visit and go to the Knoxville Nationals with me.

Comment

Couple more pictures from Knoxville.

The first one is James McFadden and Gio Scelzi about as close as you can get at over 100 mph. You can see smoke coming off the front tires where they are touching. You don't normally do that with open wheel cars and get away with it.

The second picture is Rusty Hickman from Australia with a huge wheel stand coming out of turn 4.

The last picture is Steve Kinser congratulating Donny Schatz. Two of the greatest of all time Sprint car drivers.

Comment

Working...
            X