Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callahan, Coleman, Jones, Fisher, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford, Taylor…8th edi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Callahan, Coleman, Jones, Fisher, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford, Taylor…8th edi

Hello Gents!

It’s that time of year again.

As in years past, let’s keep everyone updated in regard to trail cam pics, rainfall totals, LDP’s, hunting/rut conditions, food pics, or anything else that you would like to share.

Will definitely be a challenging year due to Mother Nature, but looking forward to another great season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kicking this up and saying I'm in. Will be signing paperwork this evening on lease south of Baird. Looking forward to being back in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
      Kicking this up and saying I'm in. Will be signing paperwork this evening on lease south of Baird. Looking forward to being back in the area.

Congratulations on the lease…welcome!

Comment

Been dry at our lease but we have killed some of our biggest bucks in drought years. Looking forward to putting out cameras and seeing hanging around.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
          Congratulations on the lease…welcome!

Thank you sir. We have some work ahead in next few (hot) months but I think this will be a really good lease.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
            Thank you sir. We have some work ahead in next few (hot) months but I think this will be a really good lease.
            Should be some big bucks in that area.

Comment

What are you all seeing in regard to corn/protein prices, and more specifically, at what location?

Will be loading up heavy next weekend in preparation for this season.

What say you???

Comment

Getting ready to smoke these bad boys!

Beef ribs with the Meat Church Gospel BBQ Rub.

Will post updates throughout the cooking process.

Comment

Just finished smoking 4 racks and 2 chickens. Didn't get picks prior to cutting.

I used to always get corn and protein at J&L in Cisco. Land owner is supposed to know better place. I'll post that when we find out where. But has to be in the Baird area.

Comment

We are close to Burkett. Deer looking healthy so far. Been feeding
                    Mr buck

Comment

Heaed out for our annual work weekend on thursday, looks like mother nature is being nice to us this year, knock on wood. Its easily the driest year we've had since 2013 and maybe 2011. Strangely with hubbards creek bi-secting us and the fact we feed protein, drought years tend to produce not only our best bucks but our highest numbers as animals from the neighbors make their way toward the creek. We've had trail cams out and i'll make sure to post some pics if anything interesting.

Comment

Just like every August we are starting to see a handful of nice bucks hitting the protein at night - one in particular that I’m glad made it from last year. We built a covered trough a few months ago and fill it with sweet feed. It’s in a pen with a corn slinger. We should have built it bigger - the deer love the stuff and it’s emptied quickly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It's the driest since 2011 which I don't remember ever being drier.

If you can, I'd put out water where possible.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                            It's the driest since 2011 which I don't remember ever being drier.

If you can, I'd put out water where possible.

Super depressing, thankfully my neighbors all have pretty deep tanks and supplement water. My tank went dry last month and my solar well pump went to crap.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              Just like every August we are starting to see a handful of nice bucks hitting the protein at night - one in particular that I’m glad made it from last year. We built a covered trough a few months ago and fill it with sweet feed. It’s in a pen with a corn slinger. We should have built it bigger - the deer love the stuff and it’s emptied quickly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do the same and our deer love the sweet feed. I hand throw it out side the feeder pen during season and most of the deer clear it out before hitting the corn.

Comment

Working...
                              X