CF Backstrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post

Then what in the world do you do with the back straps? CF is what God put them on this earth for.
    Ham steaks are for chicken fry. I would never waste backstrap on chicken fry.

Chicken fry is great but backstrap is too good a cut!

Comment

MikeD
      Us Doyle’s know how to eat that’s for sure!
      ChrisD

Comment

Cut 3/4" thick then butterfly them, tenderize them a little bit just enough to break up the muscle a little. Soak them in Shiner for the amount of time to drink one. Mix flour and salt and pepper, cover the meat in flour then dip it in the Shiner again then reflour. Cook it in smoking hot grease flipping once.

Comment

Sounds like we finally found a good use for Shiner

Comment

Mmmmm

Comment

I'm a double dipper!

Season steaks, season flour, season milk/egg "wash". Season is Tony Cs or SYM & garlic powder/salt.

Dust in flour, then milk/egg, then flour again. Drop it in skillet of 1/2" deep hot oil. Turn once. Then prop it on edge on paper towels to help drain oil/stay crispy.

No complaints. Simple.

Comment

UPDATE: Cooked tonight. Batter stayed on. Lol. It was **** good. We ate the whole tray full.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  Ham steaks are for chicken fry. I would never waste backstrap on chicken fry.

Chicken fry is great but backstrap is too good a cut!
                  Yea, I don’t chicken fry my back strap either. I cook mine whole and then slice into 1” pieces eat it like steak. Medium rare.

I soak the back strap in 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, 1/2 cup brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce (to taste), black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Let it set in that marinade over night, then cook the next day. It’s pretty dang good. And tender

Comment

While i love my CF recipe this is still hard to beat!!!

16 day wet aged backstrap
                    2-1/2” cut then butterflied and bacon wrapped with Smithfield bacon and coarse salt & pepper.
                    2 min ea. side over hot fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Is there a bad one???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                        Season steaks with lawry's season salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
                        Create milk/egg wash.
                        Dip steaks in wash then bread in flour and crushed saltine crackers.
                        Fry in Crisco only turning ONCE. (might add some salt after pulling from grease while still hot)

I'd have a throwdown with Bobby Flay at Chicken Fried backstrap
                        I thought I was the only one that used crushed saltine crackers!

Comment

Season flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Tony Chachere's. Coat tenderized cutlets in flour very well, then dip in egg/milk, then back to flour again. Fry in about 3/8" canola oil.

Save about three tablespoons of oil for the gravy. Add the leftover flour mixture to hot oil and stir to make the roux. Let roux simmer until it just starts to brown on the bottom. Add salt/pepper and start stirring in spring water, stirring the whole time until it's just a little thinner than you'd like. Turn heat to low and stir gently until it's the consistency you like. Turn burner off, put a lid on it, and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Good to go.

Comment

Working...
                          X