When will the ammo shortage end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
    Next time I visit Academy I plan to talk to the manager and ask they do something. Your idea is good.

I think if everyone complained to the manager when going in they might make a change. I'm sure they're hearing it already but probably need a little more push
    I’ve told mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Truckman View Post
      Here’s is my idea for academy... put out the ammo out at random times during the day. Then the flippers won’t know when to show up. Then the the normal folks will shopping on a Sunday afternoon, or a Tuesday at lunch have a chance.

Manager was talking about that when I was standing by him one day after the smoke cleared for 9mm and 380 at our local Academy. He said believe me ...there is nothing anybody can come up with that hasn’t been discussed over and over at the mgmt and corporate level already. Said that the flippers would be hanging around in his store all day checking clogging up the aisles if they did it randomly. Said he’d rather get the people in, get it sold and get them out.

I guess in the grand scheme of things the store gets paid either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Was Covid the wrench or the Floyd riots starting? I don't remember a drop-off early in the year until folks started getting scared during the riots.
        Started early March. I placed a large order with a particular distributor the first week of March, and the following week they were out of everything I ordered. 223, 9mm, 6 Creedmoor, and 17 HMR. It hasn’t been in stock since besides 6 Creedmoor on occasion.

Comment

There was a group of about 5 old retired men that learned when the ammunition truck came in every week at our Walmart. They would hang around until they brought it out and buy it all. They lady in sporting goods soon figured this out. She would only bring out a little and they would buy it and leave. After they were gone she would bring the rest out so the regular public could get some.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
            It’ll stop when people realize no major gun control legislation will actually get passed. We needed a ****storm to erupt on Inauguration Day for any chance of gun/ammo restrictions to get through Congress. People behaved themselves. If nothing occurred under Obama, I have no reason to believe anything will happen over Biden. The Democrats are just playing to their base and it’s mostly right wing paranoia/flippers/hoarders fueling the buying at this point. What cracks me up is the types that think thousands of rounds will keep them alive if SHTF, but couldn’t run a mile under 12 minutes if their life depended on it.
            What does running a mile have to do with it? I haven't seen anyone yet that can run faster than 2681 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              So, never

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              Exactly, can’t vote your way out of communism.

Comment

It is not only ammo.

As many here know I have been a Vortex Optics dealer since 2005. Their relatively new $32,000,000 facility in Wisconsin is basically empty of product due to COVID-19 shutdowns, increased firearms sales, and supply chain disruptions.

As soon as items are available they are eaten up by backorders from 4 to 5 to 6 months ago. I have still been able to take care of my customers that are willing to wait.....but in most cases the lead time is substantial.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                  It’ll stop when people realize no major gun control legislation will actually get passed. We needed a ****storm to erupt on Inauguration Day for any chance of gun/ammo restrictions to get through Congress. People behaved themselves. If nothing occurred under Obama, I have no reason to believe anything will happen over Biden. The Democrats are just playing to their base and it’s mostly right wing paranoia/flippers/hoarders fueling the buying at this point. What cracks me up is the types that think thousands of rounds will keep them alive if SHTF, but couldn’t run a mile under 12 minutes if their life depended on it.

Or couldn’t jump over a pencil with a donut on the other side. I’m glad you finally said it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another video from Jason Vanderbrink.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                      https://youtu.be/E5zNNk130V0

Another video from Jason Vanderbrink.
                      Good video. I found it interesting that even he noted that "prior to March, when the surge started" for the start on all the increased demand for ammo. This shortage was Covid started, summer riots sustained and new administration panic was yet another layer.

Comment

Ive said this before but i think things will calm down sooner than most others think. People stoped buying all the tp at some point for several reasons. Think the same will happen with ammo(to a lesser degree) im hoping for this summer

Comment

We were in Beaumont this morning for a doctor's appointment. One thing you do when you go to Beaumont is go to Academy. I thought it was funny they had a sign at the front door, stating No Ammo. It said try back next week.

Comment

Working...
                          X