No announcement yet.

IVF Medication Cost Rant/Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck. Pray and have faith that it will be the beat money you have ever invested.

Comment

Haven’t jump on this thread in a while but wanted to provide some closure.

After my wife’s first hysterscopy, we ended up with 3 fertilized viable embryos. The first one took but we miscarried during the first trimester. I can’t speak for my wife, but it was undoubtably the darkest point in my life. And that’s really saying something. I’ve been in combat in Afghanistan and gone through a divorce. This was the hardest loss I’ve ever had to over comer.

We do a second hysterscopy to clean up things again. Second embryo doesn’t take.

Our last embryo is successful. No complications up until 39 weeks. At our regularly scheduled appointment my wife BP is too high and there’s protein showing up in her urine. Our Dr decides that my wife needs to be induced to prevent impeding complications.

After tens of thousands of dollars spent, hundreds of injections given, 2 surgical procedures, 1 miscarriage, 30hrs in a hospital, two hrs of my wife pushing with all she had, and countless prayers… at 10:14 last night our son, Wyatt Samuel Morris entered this world.

Mama and baby are both doing great. We couldn’t be happier with our life right now. We are so thankful to have everyone that’s supported us through all of this. For anyone else who’ve gone through this, let me tell you: the struggles are worth it. God has a plan and we work on his timeline, whether we understand it or not. Now the fun begins.

Thanks to all for following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That last pic makes your first rant seem silly....though I know it wasn't at the time. Money well spent, sir and congrats to you and momma. My "petri dish" girls are getting ready to head off to college.

Comment

Good for you guy to stick with it and get what you wanted out of everything. I couldn’t imagine going thru all that for a baby.

Comment

Man, that's great news! Congrats to you and Mama . And all praise be unto our God and savior. AMEN.

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

We spent thousands upon thousands on treatments to conceive with no luck. We chalked that up to Gods will and accepted that it just wasn’t in the cards for us. If we had the funds though we would still be trying today. I hate that it’s a business but the blessings that come from it you just can’t put a number on.

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful baby boy. Congrats!

Comment

I understand where you are coming from.

Our youngest son cost us $64,000 out of pocket outside the day of delivery and weekend at hospital. I needed medication and a day surgery. (Look up testicular mapping.) Wife needed the standard meds to provide 20 of her eggs for one lab effort. Then we also chose to have genetic mapping with all the new embryos. One of the 13 was determined to be perfect.

*****It was worth every dollar and much more!!!!!

Spent another $36,000 towards the next effort, but our time was up for anymore efforts.
                        Last edited by tigerscowboy; 07-09-2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Made my day! So happy for you guys.

Comment

Huge congrats to y’all….. he is perfect!

Comment

Congrats brother! Take it all in cause the ol saying is true. They grow up fast. It took my wife and I 5 years to get my son here. He's 8 now and I miss my "little boy" sometimes. But I don't miss changing diapers lol

Comment

So happy for you. Wife and I did IUI and IVF. Don't remember entire cost, but IVF was over 25k. God had a plan. We adopted my son straight from the hospital 7 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X