Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doe feeding through

Comment

Sure wish I was in the woods somewhere instead of sitting in my office staring out the window at a picture perfect morning!! Frost looked like snow in the pasture behind the house this morning... 27 degrees too... Brrrrrr!!

Comment

Wrapping it up. Gonna go roll GG out of bed and see if he has a coffee pot going!

Comment

Wish I were out there this morning. I made a run to Votaw yesterday afternoon, it was an absolutely gorgeous evening....well, except for the complete lack of deer I set up in the corner of the oak flat, acorns falling down steadily, not a single deer. 2 members were on the highlines out of the wind, and didn't see anything cruising across either.

It was a flat out cold ride back to camp after dark...my fingers didn't get feeling back for a little while after the ride was over

Good luck this evening

Comment

Just left Barclayville with a belly full of gumbo, cornbread, and pie! It sure is hard to beat the coffee table conversation over there especially when Mr. David is feeling his oats and wants to reminisce on old coon hunts and national forest deer in the 70’s. I’m gonna head over to an oak flat on the Trinity Co/ HouCo line. The wind is kind of sketchy for it but I’ll just have to adjust how I normally set up in there. I killed a biggin in tgere 4 years ago. I guess it’s about time for another.

Comment

GG tell you 'bout all them biggun's he's seein' while he's tryin' to sweat out Fiddy, waitin' for the river to go down... ?? I'm not sure I'd have his patience!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                GG tell you 'bout all them biggun's he's seein' while he's tryin' to sweat out Fiddy, waitin' for the river to go down... ?? I'm not sure I'd have his patience!
                I'm sure of it...I would NOT have his patience but I also haven't even gotten a pic of anything like Fiddy, so it would be easy to make the decision to shoot a giant if it stepped out in front of me haha

Comment

Sorry y’all, lost signal. Had to call an audible, too much people traffic where I wanted to hunt. Sat down against a big red oak and hd a great hunt! Saw a big shooter in the mid 30’s low 40’s with a doe and just couldn’t make it happen. Had a doe in my pocket for the last hour of the hunt. Fantastic evening in the gubment woods!

Comment

Headed back in for a short hunt. Taking Steph to the lease this evening. After seeing that buck yesterday I wanna get back in there bad but there’s just too much south in the wind. I do have a pretty good south wind spot though.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                      Headed back in for a short hunt. Taking Steph to the lease this evening. After seeing that buck yesterday I wanna get back in there bad but there’s just too much south in the wind. I do have a pretty good south wind spot though.

Lol sleeping in my ***. Me and Brady are up and at em this morning. Hopefully some bone will hit the ground this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Eastexhunt View Post
                        Lol sleeping in my ***. Me and Brady are up and at em this morning. Hopefully some bone will hit the ground this morning.

Is Brady on the trigger?

Comment

Quiet so far this morning besides the squygoing nuts. Seems like there’s more west im the wind now than when I left my house. That’s fine for this spot too, but I probably could have gotten away with it stbthat other spot I hunted yesterday. Not that this isn’t a great area, a big one is just as likely to show here, but when you have a ~140” deer locked on a doe you want to get right back in there. It is what it is and there’s no telling what is living in here. Gonna sit til about 9, I think that’s probably as late as I can push it. Steph and I will be Cherokee Co bound. I might set her up and sneak back to the DCNF. It’s only a 20-30min drive to some HouCo woods over there. We’ll see how she feels about that.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                            Is Brady on the trigger?

Not right now. He will be later

Comment

Pretty dead here in spite of it being a beautiful morning.

Comment

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Beautiful morning but didn’t see a single deer. Gonna head to the casa and gather everything to take Steph this evening. I did a little mapping and pretty sure I’m gonna get her settled in and sneak over to that part of the NF. I used to duck hunt over there quite a bit and know my way around. I haven’t stepped foot in that part in several years, but I kind of doubt it’s changed a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X