Barn Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barn Lighting

My next project looks like it’s going to be running the electrical in my barn on my property.

I have a 40x60x14 pole barn, and I want to light it well. I’m seeing so many options and different styles that it’s starting to give me analysis paralysis.

I’m wondering if anyone can steer me in a good direction? I want my barn well lit, with a quality light for a reasonable price. I’m thinking UFO high bay LED lights will be my best bet.

Utilizing a generic calculator on some websites, they’re saying I need a bunch of fixtures, and at $100+ a pop, I’m wondering if it’s necessary to hang 18 fixtures.

Any help is appreciated!

I have a similar height 40X80 shop. Bought (2) 200 watt ufo's just to try out. Hung them and used an extension cord to temporarily power them. They were awesome. Recommendation was 16. Decided to go with eight of them. It puts out plenty of light for my needs. I suppose twice as many would be better but didn't see the need. You can always add more later. Just wire in some extra plugs if you think you might. I would do separate switches so you don't have to have all of them on at one time if not needed. I plan to add a couple more in specific work areas on separate switches. But as always it depends on your particular use. For general light I believe 6 or 8 would do fine.
    Last edited by M16; 09-11-2019, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

these put out an amazing amount of light. I bought a few different kindsto try before I settled on these, great value for money I just wish I had before and after pics of the lighting. my shop is 30x40x12 and 6 of them light it up!!

Comment

Lightingever.com

Comment

Or lightup.com

Comment

I recently installed 8 - 300w UFO lights in my new 30 x 80 building. Walmart has nothing on my shop. Glad I installed a dimmer! My building has 20' spans so I installed 2 per bay...worked perfectly

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                My next project looks like it’s going to be running the electrical in my barn on my property.

I have a 40x60x14 pole barn, and I want to light it well. I’m seeing so many options and different styles that it’s starting to give me analysis paralysis.

I’m wondering if anyone can steer me in a good direction? I want my barn well lit, with a quality light for a reasonable price. I’m thinking UFO high bay LED lights will be my best bet.

Utilizing a generic calculator on some websites, they’re saying I need a bunch of fixtures, and at $100+ a pop, I’m wondering if it’s necessary to hang 18 fixtures.

Any help is appreciated!

No you don’t need 18 lights unless you are trying to get a tan in there.

This is my 30x50x16 shop with (8) 22,000 lumen fixtures in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow...some of you guys have some serious coin. I’m in the process of running my electric and installing lights in my 30x50 shop. After researching for a compromise of price and performance I went with Sunco LEDs. Only 40W each, 4000 lumens and linkable. You can put up to 4 in series. Easy install as I’m mounting directly to the trusses. I’m going to have 8 under roof inside and 2 under carport.

We will see how they work. They are a good looking light with the diamond plate finish. They have great reviews.

Sunco Lighting 10 Pack Industrial LED Shop Light, 4 FT, Linkable Integrated Fixture, 40W
                  Last edited by RascalArms; 09-11-2019, 08:22 AM.

Comment

our 40'x60'x17' has (8) 8' 2-bulb fluorescent fixtures that were installed prior to the LED world. Tons of light, but seeing some of the stuff above makes me want to swap fixtures.

Comment

I'm using a flashlight right now, I guess I need to get motivated.

Comment

My logic is by increasing the lumens you reduce the amount of electrical that needs to be ran to power additional fixtures. The material/labor/time saved justified the cost of the fixtures.

OP may want to look at the 240w Halo UFO shop light
                        Attached Files

Comment

I bought my dad 20 of these lights for Christmas, 2 10 packs. It was plenty for his 50x40 metal building. That's 90,000 lumens of light.

They are linkable up to 10 fixtures and come with the wiring to link them together. So it saved a bunch of money on wiring.

Comment

What color is everyone getting? 4000K or 5000K

Comment

What are your goals? Storage vs a work area need different amounts of lighting. I had a guy do a professional light design and in my work area (35x35) I have 12 LED Highbay lights. The storage area 50x15 uses 4' led tube fixtures. The bright light is very nice in the work area.

Comment

Working...
                              X