Hecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
    We have to ask ourselves questions when it comes to these types of conversations.

1. Do we know exactly what deer see. All their senses?
    2. How do they react to all of these?
    3. Do animals show alarm when they see something unfamiliar in their habitat? (yes they do!)

That's why it's so important to put a blind up early to get nature used to seeing it as to not spook them.

I am not a scientist but I do have common sense. I also do my research if I don't have answers.

The human body does put off an EMF. How big? I don't know. Who can see it? I don't know. If animals do see it, how do they react to it? I don't know.

However, what I do know is how to look up information. It's too easy to say blah blah blah, it doesn't work.

To me, a person looks so much more intelligent and mature if they respond IDK or yes I have experience, here is what happened. There are too many people on here that are keyboard warriors and have zero credibility with anything they say. It's like trying to explain exactly what its like on an aircraft carrier during WWII but all you have to go on is books and somebody-else opinion/experience.

When I was in school, I was always required to cite my source when using qualified information. Especially if its science based.

I haven't been hunting as long as a lot of you guys. But this I do know. There are many factors that need to be dealt with to have an opportunity to harvest a deer. Increasing the percentage on each is all it does. There isn't any elixir or secret sauce that gets it done. I am still learning. I have had good and not so good experiences. That's how you gain wisdom.
    www.google.com

Here ya go. Science says scam. Do some research on magnetic fields. It's all over the internet. You don't have to be a genius to figure it out. Hecs hopes that you think you have to be a genius.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching their TV show sure makes me want to believe but my rational brain says otherwise.
      I wish a respected unbiased third party would perform actual pier reviewed research on it.
      Everything else is just a sales pitch or anecdote.
      I bet an A&M Doctoral Thesis could be earned on it.

Comment

I have not used one, so I'm already not following the rules here.

I'm just curious as to how anyone can say that it works or not without walking out in an open field full of deer/elk/turkey with no response from the animal? (Like they do in their show)
        I get at least 1 new hunting related toy a year, just because I like buying hunting stuff. But I don't think I can say any price of new camo, new blind, new scent, new anything works any better than what I had before. I've killed deer all my life, how can I say this next one is because of "X" product.

For the record, I am a nay sayer with no first hand experience. Sorry OP.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's an idea that will solve it all once and for all - send a suit to the Mythbusters team and let them test it and find out - that would be a show I would watch, lol!!!

Comment

This is just another gimmick for the city slicker "hunters", just like butt-out, c'mere deer, ozonics etc.

Comment

Surprised they don't sell the suits with rhinestone belts and white sunglasses

Comment

So when you play the wind correctly, and you take all the necessary scent control measures, and you are completely still, and you aren't creating an obvious silloutte for the deer to see, but yet you get busted, what is it?

There are thousands of Youtube videos on do's and don'ts. This product works. This one is a scam. Don't waste your money on this. This product is revolutionary. Blah Blah Blah.

I am a truck driver. I've been driving truck for over 20 years. People can tell you how it is to drive in the snow/ice. What works and what doesn't. But the best advice I received was from a guy when I first started driving. If you really want to know what will happen, get out there and experiment. Then you'll know for sure. So I tried it and know exactly what its like on snow and ice.

Does it hurt to try new products? I don't believe so. Is anything going to be proven here on the internet? Absolutely not. Especially when there are people on both sides of the argument/debate. It's the Ford/Chevy conversation.

I am not gonna say a deer lease or buying hunting property is a waste of money just because I can't afford it. I've wasted plenty of money in my life on things that are less useful than hunting clothing that may or may not work.

One thing is for certain. There isn't 100% of the people saying DON'T DO IT!!!

There also isn't 100% of the people saying its a can't miss. So the jury it still out and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. =)

Comment

So when you play the wind correctly, and you take all the necessary scent control measures, and you are completely still, and you aren't creating an obvious silloutte for the deer to see, but yet you get busted, what is it?

There are thousands of Youtube videos on do's and don'ts. This product works. This one is a scam. Don't waste your money on this. This product is revolutionary. Blah Blah Blah.

I am a truck driver. I've been driving truck for over 20 years. People can tell you how it is to drive in the snow/ice. What works and what doesn't. But the best advice I received was from a guy when I first started driving. If you really want to know what will happen, get out there and experiment. Then you'll know for sure. So I tried it and know exactly what its like on snow and ice.

Does it hurt to try new products? I don't believe so. Is anything going to be proven here on the internet? Absolutely not. Especially when there are people on both sides of the argument/debate. It's the Ford/Chevy conversation.

I am not gonna say a deer lease or buying hunting property is a waste of money just because I can't afford it. I've wasted plenty of money in my life on things that are less useful than hunting clothing that may or may not work.

One thing is for certain. There isn't 100% of the people saying DON'T DO IT!!!

There also isn't 100% of the people saying its a can't miss. So the jury it still out and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. =)
                  LOL the jury is not out. Science says it doesn't work. No matter how many anecdotal reports you get. It simply doesn't work. Feel free to spend your money on it and I hope you get good results. At the end of the day, science says you won't have any benefit by wearing HECS.

Do you really think that it wouldn't fly off the shelves if it was proven to actually work? Do you not think they would advertise the hell out of it? Do you not think every hunting publication would advertise the hell out of it? It would be widely known and publicized and proven if it actually worked. Instead its just a few dudes who they pay to say it works. It will go away like every other radical innovation that is the next God send to hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                    LOL the jury is not out. Science says it doesn't work. No matter how many anecdotal reports you get. It simply doesn't work. Feel free to spend your money on it and I hope you get good results. At the end of the day, science says you won't have any benefit by wearing HECS.

Do you really think that it wouldn't fly off the shelves if it was proven to actually work? Do you not think they would advertise the hell out of it? Do you not think every hunting publication would advertise the hell out of it? It would be widely known and publicized and proven if it actually worked. Instead its just a few dudes who they pay to say it works. It will go away like every other radical innovation that is the next God send to hunting.
                    You say it doesn't work. You say the only ones who claim it does are paid. What about the individuals on this board who say it works? They aren't paid. What about Ozonics? I say it works and I'm not paid? I don't like to use the measuring stick of, "they are paid spokesman so it must be a scam" all the time. That card is played out way too often. There are plenty of products out there that work great but don't fly off the shelves. In my short period of hunting, one thing I have learned about most hunters. They are conservative in their approach. There is too much information for both sides of the argument to say yes or no without hesitation.

How long has HECS been out? Not the technology but the actual product?
                    I find it very curious that people who aren't paid, and I have ready countless articles of testimony about there personal experiences, are jumping in with both feet.

I will go to the extreme. Why do we need any technology? Even the wind?
                    200 years ago, they killed dear by just going out and looking for deer. Didn't seem to effect them? Man has managed to get more intelligent over the years. It's not too far fetched to believe they have tapped into something here as well. It would also be naive of all of us to stick our heads in the sand and say "blah blah blah, its snake oil, scam, don't waste your money". Next thing I'll be hearing you say is, GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Comment

Um Ya. Can you provide a little more credibility then that? It's easy to throw out information on a website without needing to qualify your statement. Since I am the original poster, I was asking about people had actually had experience. If your just gonna poke holes in the theory/science of the gear without real world hands on experience, your point has no validity to me.
                      I believe what he's saying is that the earth produces a magnetic field at surface that is magnitudes larger than that which a human produces. So basically, if animals can see magnetic fields, it would be akin to seeing a match burning in a bonfire.

Comment

Here is an interesting article and really dives into the mystery of magnetic fields and how little we do or don't know about them.

There is endless information about the tried and true practices of whitetail deer hunting. Until this area runs the gauntlet, it will continue to receive scrutiny about its validity.

Think of it like this. Investing in something after it is already been around for a while is easy. Investing in something that is new takes guts.

Comment

Here is an interesting article and really dives into the mystery of magnetic fields and how little we do or don't know about them.

Actually we know quite a lot about magnetic fields; we're at the point where we can build pretty accurate models of the electromagnetic fields of planets and stars. What the article says is we don't know much about the biological mechanism for sensing it in animals. And I've yet to find a study showing deer can sense a magnetic field as small as one created by a human. They've only indicated that they can sense the earth's EMF and use it for navigation.

There is endless information about the tried and true practices of whitetail deer hunting. Until this area runs the gauntlet, it will continue to receive scrutiny about its validity.
                          As it should. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Think of it like this. Investing in something after it is already been around for a while is easy. Investing in something that is new takes guts.
                          I laughed at this. This isn't a penny stock where you can lose your *** or make a huge return, it's clothing. Being a late adopter is definitely the smarter move in this case.

Comment

There's a sucker born every minute!!

Comment

It seems to me that you have already made up your mind that it works, and are looking for enough reports from users to confirm your decision so that you can justify buying it.
                              If you want it, can afford the expense, and it will make you more confident in the stand.... then buy it.

Me, personally... I have never had a statistical increase in sightings with any fairy dust product.
                              I don’t run ozonics, don’t use scent suits, don’t use hecs, don’t use cover scents, and don’t use lure scents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                                It seems to me that you have already made up your mind that it works, and are looking for enough reports from users to confirm your decision so that you can justify buying it.
                                If you want it, can afford the expense, and it will make you more confident in the stand.... then buy it.

Me, personally... I have never had a statistical increase in sightings with any fairy dust product.
                                I don’t run ozonics, don’t use scent suits, don’t use hecs, don’t use cover scents, and don’t use lure scents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Do you hunt public land or lease? Please don't boast about how bad to bone you are and you see SOOOO much deer without any of the technological benefits and then you for lack of a better term, shoot fish in a barrel compared to public land hunting.

I hunt public land. I don't use a feeder. I don't have a stand that stays in the field year round. I don't have high fences to keep the deer from getting too far.

Some of you guys poke a hole in this stuff because you think it costs too much money. Then you'll go spend $3-5k on a deer lease before any additional costs. LOLOLOL

Who is blowing through the cash now?

FTR. I don't need justification from others. If I want to spend the money, I'll do it. I don't live in a vacuum though. I'm not gonna stick my head in the sand. Not every new product is fairy dust or snake oil as some have labeled it. Just ask yourself a very honest question. If you have never tried it, can you truly give a educated analysis of it? Or are you that guy sitting on your rocking chair on his front porch telling his kids about when he went to school, it was uphill both ways in the snow without any shoes on and still did it with a smile.

Gimme a break.
                                Last edited by Blitz; 06-14-2019, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X