No License to Hog Hunt in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
    Not everything is about you. Now when my nephew comes into town from out of state who has never hunted in his life he can go one evening and not have to pay a tax (that’s what a license is). Or if one of my sons friends who’s family does not hunt tags along with us, he can legally shoot a hog.

Is this going to wipe out the hog population in Texas? Not a chance, but I don’t see the negative. Don’t see a bunch of fruits running out to buy a rifle because they no longer have to buy a $48 license.
    This is the true benefit that I see. It allows non-hunters exposure to hunting without the cost. I think it is a great hunter recruitment tool.

Comment

I don't think it will have much issue with in state hunters, but might see a large increase in out of state hunters coming in to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
        I’m not deer hunting, I’m hog hunting. I don’t need a hunting license.
        really no different than now. Can go "target practicing" without a license.

Comment

I got my lifetime so I never have to think about it, just have to remember to get my tags if I am going to whitetail hunt.

Comment

Land owners can already kill Hogs if they are destroying crops or land and they don't need a license. If you want to go hunting buy a license.

Comment

Meh.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                I don't think it will have much issue with in state hunters, but might see a large increase in out of state hunters coming in to hunt.
                As a NR who hog hunts in Texas every year, I don't see this as being a game changer. For me, the $48 spent on that license is such a small expense compared to the rest if the trip that it won't matter. I'll still buy it so if a javi presents itself I can kill it.

Comment

Soooooooo many other things that should be prioritized over this in our legislature.....
                  ugh

Comment

Can't really see it having much affect either way. I hear it mentioned a lot that some people don't go because of having to buy a license but honestly, I've never seen it happen first hand other than by people who seemed to be looking for a reason to back out after being invited. Maybe it actually does.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                      Figure up what a Texas hunting and fishing license costs you per month.We're lucky.We get to do both year round.
                      Some folks cuss tpwd..Regs and such..But man we got it made.
                      I wish they'd pass a law that every citizen in Texas had to show their hunting license along with their d.l.,get a ticket if you don't have one.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I agree with this. I love I only have to pay the $67 a year for the super combo and get all of my tags at once. I grew up in Oklahoma and there you have to buy each separately. So you have to buy archery deer tag, rifle deer tag, muzzleloader deer tag, and turkey tag. So I do save a bunch of money now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjh94 View Post
                        Well he’s stating that there’s a hog issue on his golf course in downtown Houston. This thread is about killing hogs so I’m putting two and two together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        gofl coarse... different deal

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                          gofl coarse... different deal

Had a buddy that was a head greens keeper on a course in Hawaii. He used to carry a rifle to kill the wild goats that got out onto the course. I rode around with him a few times and it was fun. Little suckers will disappear on you quick in the rocks if your not paying attention though. LOL

Comment

I say this is a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                              I live 5 minutes from downtown Houston. Can see the buildings and fireworks from my roof. Pigs have torn up the golf coarse 2 blocks away numerous times. They have to travel 5 to 7 miles to find anything that resembles woods. This is a positive step. KAP............
                              Shouldn't take them but about couple minutes to travel 5-7 miles riding 4 deep on 20" rims to the golf course at night to do their thang.

Comment

I am not against it but I don't see it making a huge difference. I guess every little bit helps though.

Comment

Working...
                                X