No License to Hog Hunt in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cjh94 View Post
    I’m still gonna pay for a hunting license so what freedoms are they giving me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not everything is about you. Now when my nephew comes into town from out of state who has never hunted in his life he can go one evening and not have to pay a tax (that’s what a license is). Or if one of my sons friends who’s family does not hunt tags along with us, he can legally shoot a hog.

Is this going to wipe out the hog population in Texas? Not a chance, but I don’t see the negative. Don’t see a bunch of fruits running out to buy a rifle because they no longer have to buy a $48 license.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
      Not everything is about you. Now when my nephew comes into town from out of state who has never hunted in his life he can go one evening and not have to pay a tax (that’s what a license is). Or if one of my sons friends who’s family does not hunt tags along with us, he can legally shoot a hog.

Is this going to wipe out the hog population in Texas? Not a chance, but I don’t see the negative. Don’t see a bunch of fruits running out to buy a rifle because they no longer have to buy a $48 license.

Why can’t they just buy a license like a large majority of people have in the past? I bow hunt Oklahoma and I still have to pay an out of state license.

Comment

I’m not deer hunting, I’m hog hunting. I don’t need a hunting license.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
          I’m not deer hunting, I’m hog hunting. I don’t need a hunting license.

So are they going to take hunters ed?

Comment

Dang you have to have a license to hunt 😜😂?

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
              Not seeing that in the text you quoted.

Well he’s stating that there’s a hog issue on his golf course in downtown Houston. This thread is about killing hogs so I’m putting two and two together.

Comment

As far as public land, most will probably still require the Annual Public Hunt permit to hunt there. So, unless there are specific exceptions provided in the legislation or rule-making by TPWD, it shouldn't overly crowd existing public hunting areas.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  As far as public land, most will probably still require the Annual Public Hunt permit to hunt there. So, unless there are specific exceptions provided in the legislation or rule-making by TPWD, it shouldn't overly crowd existing public hunting areas.

Just an FYI in case you didn’t know this. You don’t need the public land permit if you get drawn to hunt the land. I talk with the wardens in Waco and they say I don’t need it to duck, pig, or dove hunt. And if I’m not mistaken you don’t need it for archery season.

Comment

Just an FYI in case you didn’t know this. You don’t need the public land permit if you get drawn to hunt the land. I talk with the wardens in Waco and they say I don’t need it to duck, pig, or dove hunt. And if I’m not mistaken you don’t need it for archery season.

Really referring to WMAs, such as Granger and Sommerville.

Comment

DING DING DING The "new guy wins". 10 posts on one thread.

Comment

Whatever it takes to slow down the hog population.

Comment

"Honestly Mr. Game Warden, I'm not deer hunting, I'm hunting hogs. This grunt call, rattle horns, and doe urine works on hogs, right?"

Dumb idea.

Comment

Assuming you are referencing Lake Waco public land, you are correct because it is controlled by COE. A lot of COE lands require you to get their permit or sign a waiver however you aren't required to have the APH permit.

Ray Roberts, Richland Chambers, Granger etc. require all hunters to posses the APH permit.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                              My understanding is the "no license needed" is for private land only. And the person will still need Hunters Ed.
                              As far as Texas residents, really won't make a difference if they already hunt. We still will buy a license to hunt every thing else. It's great for NR's now.

Comment

Should increase new hunter numbers in the long run. Many times I've tried to get new or non hunters to go hunting and they balk at the invite when they have to deal with getting hunting license.

Comment

Working...
                                X