No License to Hog Hunt in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No License to Hog Hunt in Texas

Read that there is a bill on the Governor's desk to allow Hog killing without a license.
    Would start September 1.

.....and God Bless America.

AUSTIN, TX (KLTV) - A bill loosening up freedom in Texans’ battle against the feral hog population is one step away from becoming law following the Texas House of Representatives’ approval Tuesday.

Senate Bill 317, authored by state Senator Bryan Hughes of Mineola, allows the hunting of feral hogs without a hunting license.

Hughes said in a February interview that the current law could be interpreted to mean one would have to prove hogs are doing damage before you have the right to kill them. SB 317 clarifies feral hogs can be killed without a license whether or not damage is being caused.

The bill will now be sent to the governor’s desk to be signed into law.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
      Read that there is a bill on the Governor's desk to allow Hog killing without a license.
      Would start September 1.

I feel like that will be pointless for the following reasons..

Most people who kill pigs already have a license or they are grandfathered in by age so they don’t need it. Also, farmers are exempt from a license if pigs are destroying crops so that rules out a large majority of people who would use this bill.

This will do absolutely nothing in my eyes. Those who would “use” this bill would have nowhere to kill except on public land which would realistically crowd public land hunters even more.

I’m all for wiping out pigs but I just don’t see this being beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like it. Would like it even more if the language was just for Texas residents.

Out of state guys can still buy licenses to hunt them.

Comment

I live 5 minutes from downtown Houston. Can see the buildings and fireworks from my roof. Pigs have torn up the golf coarse 2 blocks away numerous times. They have to travel 5 to 7 miles to find anything that resembles woods. This is a positive step. KAP............

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            I live 5 minutes from downtown Houston. Can see the buildings and fireworks from my roof. Pigs have torn up the golf coarse 2 blocks away numerous times. They have to travel 5 to 7 miles to find anything that resembles woods. This is a positive step. KAP............

Let me just pull out my 45 and discharge it within city limits. Makes sense...

Comment

Figure up what a Texas hunting and fishing license costs you per month.We're lucky.We get to do both year round.
              Some folks cuss tpwd..Regs and such..But man we got it made.
              I wish they'd pass a law that every citizen in Texas had to show their hunting license along with their d.l.,get a ticket if you don't have one.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't see this making any difference. It doesn't even sound like a good idea to me.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I don't see this making any difference. It doesn't even sound like a good idea to me.

Preach

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                    Figure up what a Texas hunting and fishing license costs you per month.We're lucky.We get to do both year round.
                    Some folks cuss tpwd..Regs and such..But man we got it made.
                    I wish they'd pass a law that every citizen in Texas had to show their hunting license along with their d.l.,get a ticket if you don't have one.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I second that. We don’t need any more idiots running around with guns while we are hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Originally posted by Cjh94 View Post
                      Preach

What are the negatives to y'all.

I'm sure y'all are both red blooded Americans with conservative values.

What about the government giving you freedoms back scares you?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        I like it. Would like it even more if the language was just for Texas residents.

Out of state guys can still buy licenses to hunt them.
                        I like that...Sheesh. It is ONLY $48 for a 5 day non resident exotic tag. Is that too much to pay for a license to enjoy great Texas hunting? Nope. TPW should make that $50 and give the extra $2 to the farmers who feel the hog pain the most. Not the ones who are running high fence hog hunts, for obvious reasons. Non Residents SHOULD have to pay something to hunt in Texas.

Comment

Feel good legislation, won't change a thing. I'm not against it or for it. I kill them any and every time I can, but I don't foresee someone jumping up to hog hunt just because they don't need a license, not in any appreciable numbers anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            What are the negatives to y'all.

I'm sure y'all are both red blooded Americans with conservative values.

What about the government giving you freedoms back scares you?

I’m still gonna pay for a hunting license so what freedoms are they giving me?

Comment

Originally posted by Cjh94 View Post
                              Let me just pull out my 45 and discharge it within city limits. Makes sense...

Not seeing that in the text you quoted.

Comment

Working...
                              X