No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at the lease this weekend. Rained Saturday early morning then another line of heavy storms came through about 8:30 am. Cool and Windy after that which made a perfect work weekend. This is a great time of year for the rain!

As for the hogs, we got em bad too. We have a dedicated black buck feeder that we keep unpenned. Hogs have taken it over so we gave up and penned it in Saturday.

Comment

Our ranch is right at the intersect of Edwards, Kinney, and Uvalde counties. I was turkey hunting this past weekend, and we got about .75" of rain on Saturday morning. Stuff is greening up good, but the deer are hitting the protein feed and cotton seed pretty hard right now.

Comment

Did you see many Turkeys? The TPW report said that this year was supposed to be a good one for the counties in our area. I have only seen a few on my lease in the past 3 years but we have only had our water troughs set up for a little over a year now so I hope that will help. We are also have started spinning our feeders year round and I am trying to put milo in them as well.

Comment

Let's see a pic of that Axis buck, chicken fried!

We got .23" on Saturday. I'm hoping to go out for a quick 2 day trip at the end of this week and chase some turkeys. I was told that on opening weekend a month ago, they were gobbling all day, all over the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
            Let's see a pic of that Axis buck, chicken fried!

We got .23" on Saturday. I'm hoping to go out for a quick 2 day trip at the end of this week and chase some turkeys. I was told that on opening weekend a month ago, they were gobbling all day, all over the ranch.

Here’s one that I want bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good. Shooter for sure.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Jealous.

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

Nice buck Chicken fried!! Looks like you used a lever gun..what's the story?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                          Did you see many Turkeys? The TPW report said that this year was supposed to be a good one for the counties in our area. I have only seen a few on my lease in the past 3 years but we have only had our water troughs set up for a little over a year now so I hope that will help. We are also have started spinning our feeders year round and I am trying to put milo in them as well.
                          I killed two. You can look up my thread under "Turkey beheading". The biologist told us that there hasn't been a good hatch in the Western Edwards Plateau in 3-years, which jives with what I've seen this year. They seem to be way down.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                            I killed two. You can look up my thread under "Turkey beheading". The biologist told us that there hasn't been a good hatch in the Western Edwards Plateau in 3-years, which jives with what I've seen this year. They seem to be way down.
                            Thats awesome man. I was trying to find where I read that there was supposed to be a good hatch this year (which doesn't help us immediately obviously) but I am now having trouble finding it. I might have read it in a magazine because I could not find it online.

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                              Nice buck Chicken fried!! Looks like you used a lever gun..what's the story?
                              I shot it with a 243 in the lungs and tracked for about 75 yards. I stopped and waited another 30 minutes and had some coffee. When I went back I took my Marlin 44 mag with me for the rest of the trail. It went 150 yds on a double lung shot. I’m not a fan of 243s but I know a lot people love them. It’s my wife’s gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                                Nice buck!
                                Thanks. The last one I killed was four years ago. I see does and young bucks quite often and never shoot them. This year I started putting out protein and the herd started showing up.

Comment

Working...
                                X