No announcement yet.

Class c Family violence advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one Class C charge worth an attorney. It will cost him a lot and it is not like getting a traffic ticket dismissed.

Comment

Seeing how I've never heard of class c family assault. How is it different than assault by contact? Aside from being family

Its still only a citation?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Seeing how I've never heard of class c family assault. How is it different than assault by contact? Aside from being family

Man, I haven't done any criminal law in over 20 years (thankfully), but typical class-C punishment range of fines etc. Can arrest for almost all class-C charges (I recall could not for open container and several other charges). Some PDs began filing class C "simple assault" charges as "simple assault--family violence" when there was ANY FAMILY MEMBER involved. I helped a guy that got arrested for throwing a tater tot at his brother at a fish fry! They PD should have charged him with "attempted simple assault" as he had a rag arm and missed with his tater tot!

When this was new, and likely still today, the municipal judges would accept a nolo or guilty plea for time served (a day or two in the lock-up) and there would be no monetary fine. Many uneducated people did this and then had a "family violence" conviction on their record.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
          Man, I haven't done any criminal law in over 20 years (thankfully), but typical class-C punishment range of fines etc. Can arrest for almost all class-C charges (I recall could not for open container and several other charges). Some PDs began filing class C "simple assault" charges as "simple assault--family violence" when there was ANY FAMILY MEMBER involved. I helped a guy that got arrested for throwing a tater tot at his brother at a fish fry! They PD should have charged him with "attempted simple assault" as he had a rag arm and missed with his tater tot!

When this was new, and likely still today, the municipal judges would accept a nolo or guilty plea for time served (a day or two in the lock-up) and there would be no monetary fine. Many uneducated people did this and then had a "family violence" conviction on their record.
          In 7 years as a patrolman and 19 years in LE the only class C arrests I've ever seen or heard of was done via instander.

And all i ever did was PI

Comment

In 7 years as a patrolman and 19 years in LE the only class C arrests I've ever seen or heard of was done via instander.

And all i ever did was PI

Yup. MIP, PI, possession of drug paraphernalia, DOC-fighting and SA-family violence are the class Cs where I would see arrests. However, if you were a real *****, you could get a ride for other class Cs.

Comment

Yes, it is only citation for Assault by Contact. For instance, I had a call where 2 adults were arguing and the wife spit in the husbands face. It didn't cause bodily injury, but he was offended by the action and wanted to press charges. She had to press hard, 3 copies.

Comment

I’ve given people courtesy rides for a few Class C violations including “No Front LP”. I am a firm believer in you earn what you get. They earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                  Yes, it is only citation for Assault by Contact. For instance, I had a call where 2 adults were arguing and the wife spit in the husbands face. It didn't cause bodily injury, but he was offended by the action and wanted to press charges. She had to press hard, 3 copies.
                  This^^^ and the same. We had one where the husband reached for a CD and the wife did at the same time and he pulled it out of her hand. She was offended by the contact, citation was issued. People are so *******petty

Comment

Tell him to start complaining about everyone involved, my exwife came over to my 15 years after our divorce. Claimed to pick up my son, she chest bumped me claimed I assaulted her. My current wife saw what happened, the cop took here story. The county didnt pick up the charge, but the city of San Antonio did and issued me an assault ticket. They want you to plea bargain but dont do it. I filed a complaint against the prosecutor with state bar for not looking at the evidence and wasting my time and causing emotional distress. I also called chief of police the mayor's office and I wrote every appeal that I had to write. You let them know they are wrong in every aspect and firstly you exercise your 5th amendment right. They want your comments to prosecute.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

An acquaintance of mine had a live in girlfriend. She got fall down drunk at the house and busted her @$$ in the back yard falling out of a chair and busted her lip on the sidewalk, He has been trying get her to stop drinking earlier because she was so drunk. After she wiped out, he told her "I told you so". She got mad, in her drunken state, called the police, they came out she told them he hit her. Cops arrested him for assault. He never laid a hand on her except to pick her up. When she sobered up she realized she screwed up and was a complete idiot and wanted to drop charges but they would not drop the charges. So he now has a family violence charge on his record, he had to go to anger management classes, they gave him some deferred adjudication for it and he cannot get it es ponged off his record so now he has a hold on every firearm purchase. They broke up almost immediately as she totally ruined his life. Her stupidity follows him the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                        An acquaintance of mine had a live in girlfriend. She got fall down drunk at the house and busted her @$$ in the back yard falling out of a chair and busted her lip on the sidewalk, He has been trying get her to stop drinking earlier because she was so drunk. After she wiped out, he told her "I told you so". She got mad, in her drunken state, called the police, they came out she told them he hit her. Cops arrested him for assault. He never laid a hand on her except to pick her up. When she sobered up she realized she screwed up and was a complete idiot and wanted to drop charges but they would not drop the charges. So he now has a family violence charge on his record, he had to go to anger management classes, they gave him some deferred adjudication for it and he cannot get it es ponged off his record so now he has a hold on every firearm purchase. They broke up almost immediately as she totally ruined his life. Her stupidity follows him the rest of his life.
                        Yep it sucks when you pick wrong

Comment

I did 6months in jail fighting them without a lawyer, I figured atleast I had a roof over my head. But to make a long story short I received an acquittal I believe, and I was paid a judgement of 250gs, plus the VA owned up to their roll and compensated me for their screw up. That charge was child endangerment that my ex motivated. I was run over by a cop car

Comment

Sorry guys, meant class A. Not C.dont think there is a c family violence charge

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                              Wow. They lawyer has him doing classes too, plus the family member is writing letters saying they dont want him charged. Not sure if it's going to matter!

Comment

Class C misdemeanor is a traffic ticket essentially, but a get a few the can be enhanced

Comment

Working...
                                X