No announcement yet.

Make your pitch for best dog breed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son’s mini Aussie is legit. She picked up retrieving doves on her own, will chase the neighbor hood crack head til he’s away from her home, find the pig or deer you shot that made it into the high grass, guard the truck better than a Brink’s guard and give you snuggles on command. 👍👍👍
    Attached Files

Comment

Only one accident on the first night here and none since. Dang smart dog.

Comment

Not sure about the gun shy and hunting part but Airedale Terriers are great breeds. Anyone have hunting experience with those? Ours wasn’t super active but some I know have been. We fostered about 6 or 7 airedales and all of them had great behavior (even the “wild” ones).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
          Great Pyrenees is the best dog breed, but for what you described, I’d look at a Vizsla.
          I defiantly agree about the Great Pyrenees being the best breed but they may be to big for some people.

Comment

I’m late to the party but I was going to suggest a Goldendoodle or Labradoodle. It’s like having a Lab but without the shedding. Best combo out there for an inside family dog IMO.

Comment

Stray

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Stray
                Or, any rescue where you give it a better home than it had previously makes for some incredible dogs.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Define aggressive?

I think every man should have two dogs. Chessie to hunt waterfowl and upland birds and a jagterrier for everything else(bears, lions, deer, mice, etc)

Comment

Heinz 57 for me. Rarely barks and poops in the pasture.

Comment

Maggie is going to fit the bill nicely. The only issues so far is her excessive “clingyness” keeps her underfoot a lot, and her puppy teeth are wicked sharp. She has picked up basic obedience like leave it, sit, down, off, and no bite. I installed a wireless doorbell so she can tell us when she needs to go out or come back in. She pretty much has that down but not 100%.

Her natural retriever drive is pretty amazing even though I haven’t done any formal training on that yet. I’ll probably start another thread on that to get some of y’all’s input on that. I’m just watching YouTube videos to see how others do it.

Comment

Best I ever had and ever will have 3/4 golden and 1/4 yellow lab. If Maggie is a Goldendoodle I think you made a great choice. Regardless, she is a looker

Comment

Her natural retriever drive is pretty amazing even though I haven’t done any formal training on that yet. I’ll probably start another thread on that to get some of y’all’s input on that. I’m just watching YouTube videos to see how others do it.
                          I’m not surprised at all. Her dad loves to retrieve!

Comment

She’s growing fast. 90% good dog. 10% mouthy needle toothed puppy
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	EFB3A956-6B0F-4CFE-A7D4-DA6B55697188.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	24696384

Comment

Working...
                            X