This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    Agreed. It’s easy to call plays with the elite of the elite. It doesn’t matter who the OC is at Bama.
    While this is somewhat true, Sarkisian is still one of the top offensive minds in the game. He will at least match Riley and go toe to toe. Herman obviously did not. It's the defense that worries me.

I'm still not a huge fan of the hire but happy to see some sort of change.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bring on the new car smell in Austin!!!

Comment

Texas does not have Alabama talent, but there is talent on the roster to win the Big 12. Winning the Big 12 is step one. They need to get step one done before any talk about being back to the neighborhood of the college football elites.

I loved what I saw from Sark last night about getting the ball to his best players in space and allowing them make plays. More than that though, was the reaction from how excited the current Texas players were watching the game and thinking about the possibilities for their new offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Texas does not have Alabama talent, but there is talent on the roster to win the Big 12. Winning the Big 12 is step one. They need to get step one done before any talk about being back to the neighborhood of the college football elites.

I loved what I saw from Sark last night about getting the ball to his best players in space and allowing them make plays. More than that though, was the reaction from how excited the current Texas players were watching the game and thinking about the possibilities for their new offense.
          Sounds like it’s time.

Comment

2021 Playoff teams

Alabama
            tOSU
            Oklahoma
            USC

Comment

IF, and it is a big IF, Sark can bring Alabama's culture of discipline and have players to commit to a program that is built around a team and not a person, along with his experience at OC, they will be a force in the Big 12 quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                Sounds like it’s time.
                Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  Tough loss - Bama played great.
                  I told ya you showed Saban way to much in the Clem game. Shut yall down.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                    IF, and it is a big IF, Sark can bring Alabama's culture of discipline and have players to commit to a program that is built around a team and not a person, along with his experience at OC, they will be a force in the Big 12 quickly.
                    Oh there is no question there is more to it than a play caller. Most people are reading to much into the excitement of a Texas fan. Texas does not have Bama's culture or commitment to the program (nobody does), but what they can do is be better and get back to playing and winning Big 12 Championships.

I believe they have the talent to do it and hopefully will have the coaching staff, then they just need to develop the talent and get everyone moving in the same direction to those goals. It sounds easy, but it is not.

You will hear excitement from me, but I am realistic in what it takes before Texas is declared "back." I understand that everyone loves talking about Texas being "back". Texas is a top 3 major brand in the sport, makes more money than anybody else, and that is with an average football team right now. College football is better when Texas is good and hopefully that happens sooner than later.
                    Last edited by Heath; 01-12-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Oh there is no question there is more to it than a play caller. Most people are reading to much into the excitement of a Texas fan. Texas does not have Bama's culture or commitment to the program (nobody does), but what they can do is be better and get back to playing and winning Big 12 Championships.

I believe they have the talent to do it and hopefully will have the coaching staff, then they just need to develop the talent and get everyone moving in the same direction to those goals. It sounds easy, but it is not.

You will hear excitement from me, but I am realistic in what it takes before Texas is declared "back." I understand that everyone loves talking about Texas being "back". Texas is a top 3 major brand in the sport, makes more money than anybody else, and that is with an average football team right now. College football is better when Texas is good and hopefully that happens sooner than later.

Color me excited to have a coach that will play his best players and tell the rest to work harder if you want to play, doesn't pound his QB into oblivion and wants to call his own plays instead of being a spectator.

Comment

I'm just excited to not have Herman on the sidelines next season. I dont remember getting so ****** off during games at any coach at Texas prior to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                          I'm just excited to not have Herman on the sidelines next season. I dont remember getting so ****** off during games at any coach at Texas prior to him.

LOL....I forgot to add the conservative turtling midway through the 3rd to my post above.

I'm diggin' this #AllGasNoBrakes

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                            I just re read my post after you quoted it. I would never intentionally say I hope he is ruined (or any other player). I meant to type, I hope he isn’t ruined. As you can see in my other posts, I think he is a great young man and a great player with a very bright future and I wish no I’ll will on him.

Oktx if that’s what you were saying was stupid, I agree and I apologize to you for my snarky response.
                            I was so confused. You are definitely NOT that guy but then you kept digging a deeper hole and once again, I was confused! Lol Thanks for clarifying that up.

Comment

The Fred Akers memorial service is taking place this morning!

RIP Fred and Hook ‘em!

Comment

And then there was just Northwest.

Comment

Working...
                                X