Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    Congrats My Friend!!

Another good way to tell them is the scaup have a little white patch on wing. Blackjacks are gray on wings.
    Thanks David. Yep I've used that before.

We usually can't see the top of the wing til they are by us already.....zoom!! They follow the shape of the lake and bank when they reach our blind cause its at the corner of an "L". We usually see the underside of the wing when they bank into us and see the top of the wing after they level out and haul *****.

Then on top of that we have shot each out of the same group so they intermingle....maybe we should just water swat them after they land and ID them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
      You should start seeing better (colored) ducks quickly.

Rwc
      That would be nice. We have some puddle ducks around....they just aren't honed in on the lake.

Did see a redhead last week on our lake. Would be nice to get some Cans on occasion too.
      Last edited by unclefish; 12-11-2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Tried to kill a few ducks in the snow this morning but it was slow. We found them laid up on another part of the lake as we were leaving.

Sure was a pretty morning though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Love the pics Steve! See the barndo is coming along in the last pic!

Comment

Buy some mallards this year and raise them on the pond. They should return each year hopefully bringing some birds with them. Or start Corning the heck out of the lake after season to get some birds coming, maybe they will remember it next year.

Comment

Ah yes, one of my favorite threads in all of TBH. Living well!!!

Comment

Awesome thread! Thanks for taking the time to share.

Comment

I look forward to renting for a weekend if you get to that point!

Comment

I drive by your place on a regular basis; I have a buddy further down 434 with the silo in his back yard. I saw when your property went up for sale, and I was glad they didn't divide it up any smaller. They used to run a duck lease out of there that was word of mouth. I seem to recall hearing of a lost gun that was never recovered after a capsized kayak trip.

Its awesome to see what you've done for your fishery and I hope the small mouth turn out well! Its amazing to see how the birds have managed to transfer fish amongst the adjacent pits, so maybe your neighbors will end up with a few as well (hopefully not too many!). Most of those pits seem to fluctuate together, I always assumed it was due to the shallow water table.

The place is really turning out nice!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                      Had a visitor yesterday at 11am.

Very similar deer, even the same broke brow tine.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Barn is still not finished but we are making improvements to the outside while the builder slowly makes minor progress.

Had 6 loads of washed gravel delivered and I spent the afternoon spreading it.

They are installing septic this week but they still need to finish some electrical work and metal.

Comment

Gonna take my 84 year old F-I-L duck hunting in the morning....gonna give those ringers hell. [emoji6]

Comment

Man your place is a dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Killed a few this morning. Early flight was slower than normal but there are not many ducks around. Highlight was seeing my FIL knock some gw teal down.

Comment

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X