Hill Country Deer vs. South Texas Deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
    So your guys pass on 7.5 and 8.5 year old deer?
    Yessir. 7.5 minimum on the trophy, if it’s not what you’re looking for you let it go.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guess I will keep my small deer in the hill country.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          That depends on what you are calling South Texas. The brush country south of San Antonio does not suck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          I know just as well as you what is considered South Texas and I also know a whole lot of it isn't producing 170" or 200" deer. Just because you are in the brush country south of San Antonio does not mean you have those kind of deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
            I know just as well as you what is considered South Texas and I also know a whole lot of it isn't producing 170" or 200" deer. Just because you are in the brush country south of San Antonio does not mean you have those kind of deer.
            They just have to justify paying that big money to stroke the ego. I have hunted down south and there are some great ranches, but there is a ton that’s been shot out as far as low fence. South Texas produces big deer no doubt, but if you get the right place and it’s managed right the hill county can produce quality deer. I’m not saying the hill country can out produce South Texas just simply stating it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              There are multiple 200” deer killed all over south Texas. I’m not saying you can’t pop one every now and then in the hill country, but it ain’t nowhere close to south Texas. Show proof of one low fence 200” low fence buck.
              South texas no doubt produces more and better deer every single year and always will.

Hill country is dang sure capable.

Pics won’t get posted for obvious reasons. They aren’t nearly as common as south Texas. But there are many places producing really big deer in central texas. Lots and lots of feed. Hard for deer to eat rocks and oaks

Comment

Guess I will keep my small deer in the hill country.
                Yes! We are inferior!

Comment

They just have to justify paying that big money to stroke the ego. I have hunted down south and there are some great ranches, but there is a ton that’s been shot out as far as low fence. South Texas produces big deer no doubt, but if you get the right place and it’s managed right the hill county can produce quality deer. I’m not saying the hill country can out produce South Texas just simply stating it can be done.
                  I don’t disagree with you, but there are far more places that are producing good to great deer in south Texas than the hill country. Lots of places you never hear about, and some of them aren’t as big of $$$ as you’re thinking.

Comment

This is a dumb argument.

Comment

Really your sure of yourself? This deer is over 200+ pounds. I have been managing this place for only 4 years so yea it happens. We have shot a few over 200+ so yes age, water and food = big deer!

Read the response below your comment. I'm 100% sure of myself.

Comment

Good Luck to you guys in South Texas hope you get a big one.

Comment

Lot of places you don't hear about because of social media, and the land owners also have computers so it's not wise to brag unless you want to price yourself out of your lease!

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                            Where at in Llano I was on a lease there for 5 years.

SE side of the county

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I created this post with the intentions of what NATURALLY makes South Texas deer so much larger than Hill Country deer.
                              I never once said the Hill Country cannot grow great deer or get big in body size. Anything is possible with the right management program and supplemental feeding.

I don’t know how this turned into a Hill Country vs. South Texas....

#TeamSouthTexas haha

Comment

It rates right up there with the high fence low fence threads!

Comment

Working...
                                X