Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You still think Alaska Reality Shows are real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s great haha I was in Homer about 10 years ago right when the one on the history channel took off. Come to find out they lived a few miles from town and owned a machine shop in town. Found it quite entertaining that the show portrayed them as living off the map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
      USMC buddy was on forged in fire, he said it was complete BS and the guys "calling" weren't even present during filming, their expertise was added in later.....

I was on FIF. Wasn’t scripted when I was there. That said, there was plenty of selective editing. They’d have you say several versions of a situation so they could use whichever one played out.

Comment

This just in...TV is fake...(shocked face).

Comment

At least we know the news is real. lol
          My brother had a show, Shed Wars, about shed antler hunting. There was so much fake stuff it was funny. They had him tip over his canoe in a river with his stuff in it etc.... They showed him packing antlers on his goats. His wives friends would ask her, "when did you guys get goats?" She would say, we don't have any goats. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            This just in...TV is fake...(shocked face).

First the Easter bunny and now this ^^^

Comment

Its entertainment, you think wrestling is real?

Comment

Haha...to *******ize what Rush said, as soon as a camera gets turned on, people act completely different. Normal human trait.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  First the Easter bunny and now this ^^^
                  What about the Easter bunny?

Comment

I was watching some show and they locked their keys in the truck and they were walking back to town. I was thinking why didn't the camera man give them a ride.

Comment

I can't stand that lady anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                        I was on FIF. Wasn’t scripted when I was there. That said, there was plenty of selective editing. They’d have you say several versions of a situation so they could use whichever one played out.

Not the forging part of it. I was talking about how good those guys that do the play by play were. My buddy broke a drill bit and they were acting like they were right there saying "he's drilling to fast, he's gonna break a bit".....then he did.....I told him the one guy said you were going to fast and gonna break a bit and he said they weren't there and that was all added later.....kind of spoiled it for me

Comment

I took Mike Papac AKA the Ax Man hunting in KS. He killed this deer. He was so not into the whole reality thing. That was about ten years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Papac2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	24638296

Comment

I knew much of it was scripted. Everything has some much drama and they make everything seem like it's potentially a life and death situation. Now there are some of them, that I do think are really very odd, strange individuals, who love having a camera pointed at them. That strange family that turns out, they are actually in Washington state. I can't stand those flaky people.

I like watching shows that show footage of Alaska, because I want to move there so bad. But I am afraid, there is already a bunch of fruit loops that have already moved there. I have heard the drug and alcohol problem up there is pretty bad. I would love to live up there, but I think I would have trouble getting along with many of the people who have recently moved there from the west coast.

Comment

Kelchers are real.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                                The Kelchers are real. Singer, Jewel, is their daughter.
                                Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                                Kelchers are real.

Comment

Working...
                                X