San Antonio School Districts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Antonio School Districts

Getting ready to make the move to back to Texas, heading to San Antonio and my boy is getting close to school age and was wondering which part of the surrounding area has the best school districts? Will be stationed at Lackland but don’t mind a little bit of a drive. Thanks in advance and have a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IM in SA as well and my girlfriend works for the IDEA Academy schools. They are all over SA. Its a public charter school. our 3 grader has been there since kinder and she loves it. The do have uniforms so it makes school shopping easy!

Comment

Worked in North East ISD for 16 years as a teacher/coach. It is one of the best. But, there are definitely some parts of it that are better than others. Good luck in SA.

Comment

Alamo Heights and Boerne are tops imho. NEISD and NISD have good campuses in both districts but I hear it varies across the schools.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          Alamo Heights and Boerne are tops imho. NEISD and NISD have good campuses in both districts but I hear it varies across the schools.
          All you need to know right here in this statement. My daughter attends St Mathews Catholic right now but will be going to Kendall Elementary next year. We moved out the city and are now in Boerne ISD. Alamo heights prob has the best but it is so pricey to live there. Must be rich lol. NSISD is good too but as stated schools vary.

Private schools are good here too. St Mathew, Keystone, Cornerstone Christian and few others top the list.

Comment

I have 2 in Cornerstone. It has an awesome curriculum and the kids learn a lot. If your boy gets in you can live anywhere in or around SA and commute. They also have multiple bus stops around town.

Comment

The schools in the Helotes area are good schools.

Comment

We live in Spring Branch and our kids attend Smithson Valley schools, this is the best school district that we have ever been in of the 5 different places we have lived. It is a great community that is growing on the north side of San Antonio and we love the area.

Comment

Comal ISD is the best IMO

Comment

AHISD is the best, but is far away from Lackland. I have heard good things about Boerne.

Comment

I grew up in the Helotes area which is part of Northside ISD. The schools in that area are pretty good but others in NSISD aren't so great

Comment

These and then it filters off after that

NSISD
                        O'Connor
                        Clark
                        Brandies

NEISD
                        Reagan
                        Churchill
                        Johnson

Others
                        Boerne
                        Champion
                        Alamo Heights
                        Smith & Valley

Comment

Lavernia. New Brunfels

Comment

Another vote for Comal ISD

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
                              We live in Spring Branch and our kids attend Smithson Valley schools, this is the best school district that we have ever been in of the 5 different places we have lived. It is a great community that is growing on the north side of San Antonio and we love the area.
                              Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                              Comal ISD is the best IMO
                              Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
                              Another vote for Comal ISD
                              My kiddos went through the Smithson Valley HS feeder pattern. We are happy with Comal ISD and love the area!

Comment

Working...
                              X