Help score this ghost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful deer!

My guess is he was older than 5.5 the first year you saw him. In a typical scenario with a deer that was frequently visible, I would probably have rolled the dice on him rebounding. However, on a deer like this that is never seen in daylight hours, I think you did well by taking him when you had the opportunity. Congrats on a heck of a trophy!

Comment

My guess is if you’re in Dimmit county the lack of rainfall the last 2 years, especially this year caused him to back up or at least appear to. I would have rolled him again and hoped for rain. Great deer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
        Congrats on a solid mature deer. I will not be surprised if you get him clinically aged that the results show much older than your guess.

Going to make a beautiful mount.

Got to ask, why black out your face on the LDP's? No biggie, Just curious is all.

Rwc
        Much appreciated!
        I blacked out my face because I didn’t want to distract you from how good looking the deer was. Awkward!
        Last edited by DimmitCo; 01-09-2020, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Congrats on a fine buck! Love them main beams!

Comment

Absolute monster!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hoped he spread more of those great genes from 5 to 7. I agree with the earlier comment about no rain hurting him this year
              But I am as proud of my only 7.5 as I am my much higher scoring biggest buck
              Congrats on a true trophy mature s Tx buck

Comment

maybe send the front teeth off for cementum dating? it's not 100% either, but maybe it will show you something.

Comment

Absolute stud of a deer, congrats

Comment

Body looks younger.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

We feed a lot of protein and Cottonseed on our 16,000 acres Low fence Ranch in Webb County. So their teeth are always a year or two less than what they truly are. We have had some of our best bucks at 8-1/2 yrs old. A lot depends on the year and rainfall. We have managed the property for 20 years and we video and take pictures of most of our bucks. We pretty much know what their correct age is. Not everyone can do it but we are fortunate to be able to do so. We try not o take bucks u til 7-1/2 yrs +

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great buck. Congrats.

Comment

Wow what a deer! Congratulations!

Comment

Beast! Congrats!

Comment

I like this for comparison of age and how they decline.

The Realtree Store is the best place to find all of your favorite products in your favorite Camo Patterns | Realtree the Best Camo Patterns World Wide.

helluva a buck! Congrats.

Comment

Holy crap, TOAD! Congrats man!

Comment

Working...
                                X