Veterans...remember Basic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veterans...remember Basic?

Yeah, like many I'm just counting the days until the season opens!

With so many TBH Currently serving & Vets, just wanted to share this pic I got from my Drill Sgt son today. Training the "newbies" in the gas house at Fort Benning.

Remember those days? Guess Jake is passing down his basic training with a vengeance for the new ones.

Making Hero's and God Bless them ALL!
    Attached Files

That’s awesome! Brings back so many memories. Thanks for sharing and thanks for your sons service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep that day sucked at ft knox

Comment

1983, Air Force (no gas chamber), remember like it was yesterday, good times.

Comment

Yep, we had the gas chamber in Navy bootcamp in the 80s. Never knew I had so much snot in my body!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys....yep the "nasal discharge" was part of the content Jake mentioned with the pic he sent.

Comment

I remember the beating everyone got when someone said, 'What's a 'master guns?''

Comment

Ah, yes! Navy boot camp in 1966. Coulda been worse, like the Marines at Pendleton, but it wasn't a picnic fo sho.

Comment

I remember! USAF boot camp August 1965 at Lackland AFB.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                    Yep that day sucked at ft knox
                    Same here, FT Knox ,81 went strait to Germany, 2nd Cav

Comment

My grandson went to basic and Airborne at Fort Benning. He's at Fort Bragg for SF selection now. I'm proud of that boy. Thank all of you men and women that have served our country !

Comment

1987 Ft Leanordwood.

And I'll punch you in the throat and kill your entire family while you're ducked taped to a chair before I go back in that **** hole.

Comment

Gas masks? [emoji33]
                          MARINES don't need no stinking gas masks [emoji3]

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I was a year earlier... Good nasal disharge here...C-2/58 House of PAIN, Fort Benning, Ga.
                            IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                            I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
                            Last edited by kry226; 09-06-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

glad to see we have a lot of vets on the green screen!

Comment

Working...
                              X