• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wireless camera

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    No rechargeable AA's and a solar panel?

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Not on their regular 4g or LTE cameras.

On everything prior to the 4GLTE Spartan Ghost model released late last year, you could not direct connect a solar panel to camera. You could run any type of AA battery in the camera. You could also direct connect an external battery to the camera and use a solar panel to charge the external.

The Ghost version will run with or without AA’s in the camera. To do so you use a direct connect solar panel. There is an internal lithium battery in the camera that the solar panel keeps charged. I’ve been running a Ghost in my feeder pen since June with nothing but a solar recharging the internal lithium. It’s taken 9000+ pics & videos and I’ve not had to mess with it at all:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Spartan hands down, lithium batteries last quite a while.

Comment

Covert with rechargeable batteries and solar panel. Build the 1/4” wing nut assembly from the hardware store. Set a t post. Drill and set the wing nuts. Drill and place solar panel above.

2 out of the 3 have been running since August with no problem. The one that went down the rechargeable batteries went bad.

I would honestly stay with covert. We also run 40+ cameras on our east texas lease on one plan. They have problems from time to time but their customer service has always made up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big freaky bucks like getting photographed by Spartan cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            On everything prior to the 4GLTE Spartan Ghost model released late last year, you could not direct connect a solar panel to camera. You could run any type of AA battery in the camera. You could also direct connect an external battery to the camera and use a solar panel to charge the external.

The Ghost version will run with or without AA’s in the camera. To do so you use a direct connect solar panel. There is an internal lithium battery in the camera that the solar panel keeps charged. I’ve been running a Ghost in my feeder pen since June with nothing but a solar recharging the internal lithium. It’s taken 9000+ pics & videos and I’ve not had to mess with it at all:

I love that. May have to look at that next year when prices come down. I have enough spartan LTE models now

Comment

Spartan go cam

Comment

I will beat any price on new Spartan cameras for sale. I would love to help Texasbowhunter members get the best price on a great camera.

Comment

Following

Comment

I am a dealer for Snyper Cameras. I have had good luck with them.

Comment

Tshelly Love those Covert pics.

Your hardware store T Post Mount is great... IF... you never have issues with animals bumping them like deer or pigs or cows. I developed T-Mate® to address that situation.

Comment

Spartan

Comment

I was looking at the spartan cams and curious as to what data plan people get in terms of Gbs

https://spartancamera.com/i/data-plans
                          Last edited by Nplattii; 02-11-2020, 12:01 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

I have 4 spypoint and have be very happy with them. Use lithium batteries or battery pack. Have 2 cams with almost full batteries (from last year and this season) have yet to replace batteries. Only downside is if you want VDO...spypoint link won't do( on link cam) . But I am only want pics anyway. In 3rd pic camera catches deer I dropped on cam. Price is good for the camera (just be sure you get right camera for your cellphone service).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                              I will beat any price on new Spartan cameras for sale. I would love to help Texasbowhunter members get the best price on a great camera.
                              PM Sent

Comment

I love my Spartan wireless cameras. Great pictures and cell service. Easy to use, the app is simple. I had bushnell trophy cam before and this blows that camera out of the water

Comment

Working...
                                X