No announcement yet.

Fischer’s in Muenster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one issue with smoked sausage and it was from a vendor I had used before. Everything the next year came back really chewy and not as great as previous year. I didn’t use them for sausage this year but figured it was due to all the new faces I seen when I dropped off second year and the amount of business they had. So I know the feeling. I tossed most of it but you can likely call and get it cleared up a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      I've had their smoked sausage sausage 100s of times in my life. It's awesome !
      Know the people who work there, and the Fischer's reputation, if I had to guess, they would love to hear about this.
      I'm also about 100% sure, that they will square up with you.
      30+ yrs of stopping through there and it never disappoints.
      What he said but I’ve only been going to them for 20 years.

Comment

As a local I would never take a deer to be processed at Fischer’s. Have heard to many stories about people not getting “their” deer back. You get the weight you turned in back but they just process it all together. Not cool because some people don’t care for their deer properly. Majority of the locals use Hess Meat market in Muenster or Wild Country in Lindsay for deer. Personally I just process my own so I get exactly what I want and how I want. Buy the right equipment once and be set for life.
        I will buy high temp cheese, dehydrated japelpenos and seasonings in bulk from Fischer’s or Hess when processing out sausage. They also sell casings and will smoke it for you if you want.
        Fischer’s is great for beef and German food and sausage but they just don’t have the time to focus strictly on deer and wild game
        Last edited by FireNguns; 01-19-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
          As a local I would never take a deer to be processed at Fischer’s. Have heard to many stories about people not getting “their” deer back. You get the weight you turned in back but they just process it all together. Not cool because some people don’t care for their deer properly. Majority of the locals use Hess Meat market in Muenster or Wild Country in Lindsay for deer. Personally I just process my own so I get exactly what I want and how I want. Buy the right equipment once and be set for life.
          I will buy high temp cheese, dehydrated japelpenos and seasonings in bulk from Fischer’s or Hess when processing out sausage. They also sell casings and will smoke it for you if you want.
          Fischer’s is great for beef and German food and sausage but they just don’t have the time to focus strictly on deer and wild game
          This.. Hess will skin and hang a deer dang near right in front of you.. Fisher's will leave that thing on the floor with all the others til someone show's up Monday. Seen it with my own eyes

Comment

Hess is the way to go, Fischer’s is not anywhere near what it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by gonefishing View Post
              Hess is the way to go, Fischer’s is not anywhere near what it once was.

Hess is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Have had good experiences with Fischer’s. Always good and fair priced. Had a buddy try Hess and he told me it was so-so and expensive. I’ll have to drag a hog over to them and see for myself.

DIY is the way to go. I just don’t have the space or the time.

Comment

Sounds like you got someones 'cedar berry' deer' Or your 'juniper' deer

Comment

Not to be an arse but I would have called them in place of posting it on this forum, lots of damage can be done to a business and they do not even know they may have a problem. I like Fishers but have not had a deer processed there in umteen years, they do not do them individually, most large places just give you whatever your weight is, they mix it all together. I always used my Dad and uncle or my couson from up there to do all of my deer. Hess is very good as well, went to school with the original owners son, I doubt you get your deer there either but am not sure about that. Give them a call, I bet anything they will make it right.

Comment

I shot a big pig last March and had them make the whole thing into Jalapeno and Cheese Summer Sausage and it was great and cheaper than anywhere around DFW!

Comment

Hess is less than a mile away, we stopped using Fischer’s 6 or 7 years ago. Nothing wrong with Hess but I like sklenariks In Miles better if you still have that option.

Comment

We use Hess. The one in Lindsay is good too but my wife prefers the way Hess’s prepares the ground meat. Hess has always done a great job for us.

Comment

The problem is you're comparing it to Sklenarik's!(Best in the business imo)
                            Sounds to me like you didn't get YOUR deer back.That's a bunch of scratch to spend,and not enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven’t taken a deer there in over 10 years I bet. I wasn’t pleased with the cost and quality of product they put out. We used to take all of our deer there back through the 1990’s.

I started processing my own. I do get my hog casings from them. I also use their smoked sausage seasoning from time to time. It’s good.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                                Not to be an arse but I would have called them in place of posting it on this forum, lots of damage can be done to a business and they do not even know they may have a problem. I like Fishers but have not had a deer processed there in umteen years, they do not do them individually, most large places just give you whatever your weight is, they mix it all together. I always used my Dad and uncle or my couson from up there to do all of my deer. Hess is very good as well, went to school with the original owners son, I doubt you get your deer there either but am not sure about that. Give them a call, I bet anything they will make it right.

I don’t think I got on here bashing Fischer’s at all. Just looking for other guys opinions and trying to figure out what happened with over 100# of sausage that I paid quite a bit of money for.

On the flip side, if some people shy away from them because of this thread I can’t say that would bother me. Saving nothing but positive reviews/experiences for the internet or forums is not exactly being honest with people. I did a bunch of research on here about Fischer’s before I took my sons deer there. Sure wish I would have found the information that I have read in this thread before hand.

Just my opinion though.

Comment

Working...
                                X