Fischer’s in Muenster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fischer’s in Muenster

I will make a long story short, but since it is finally on our route to and from the lease I took a deer to Fischer’s. Been wanting to for years.

Based on 20 years of rave reviews we pushed all in on the sausage and got everything except the BS and TL made into either smoked sausage or jalapeño cheese smoked sausage. It was a big buck and they mix it with pork so we got back 52# of each.

Now here is the issue, it is TERRIBLE. To the point we tried one pack of each and have no desire to eat anymore. Already gave a few packs away.

It is ground very fine so it is almost “gritty” and then has a very different seasoning to it. Tastes like it has sage in it like breakfast sausage but not the same overall taste. I gutted, skinned and quartered the buck without delay so I know how it was handled.

Just trying to make sense of what happened. I have a buddy that gets the taco links and summer sausage, loves it, but he has never got the smoked sausage.

I guess it is possible they messed something up because I just don’t see how most guys could love this sausage. I have let several people try it and get the same opinion every time. Nobody likes it.

Anyone every had the smoked sausage from there or got a bad “batch”??

For comparison, for the last 7 years or so we have either used Hall’s in Coleman or Sklenariks in Miles. Love both places.

Sorry to hear that man, everything I’ve ever had from Fischer’s has been delicious

Comment

Hate to hear this have heard good things about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
        Sorry to hear that man, everything I’ve ever had from Fischer’s has been delicious

I wish you were close to me. I would give you some to try and compare to what you have had from there.

Comment

I had their smoked sausage a couple of years ago and it was good, not great. I had them do jalapeno/cheese summer sausage and deer sticks too. Deer sticks are the best I've had and summer sausage very good as well. Only thing I didn't like was that they vacuum sealed the deer sticks but everything else was butcher wrapped. In their defense tho, I didn't request vacuum sealing. Just kind of assumed everyone does nowadays.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve never had a deer done there, but other meats were great. Sorry to hear. I’ve heard great things.
            Last edited by oktx; 01-19-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Hate to hear that Joe, probably wasn’t cheap either with all the sausage made. Don’t know what good it would do but might call them. Maybe nothing else get some of your money back since it uneditable.

Comment

Smoked German sausage from Fischer’s is some of the best I’ve ever had. I love the stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                  I wish you were close to me. I would give you some to try and compare to what you have had from there.

I used to take all my stuff to Fischer’s . Got too expensive and I wasn’t real fond of the “mountain” of dead deer they had piled up to be processed on my last trip. I’ve been using Bluebonnet in Trenton and it’s very good.
                  Fischer’s Smoked German sausage is great though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've had their smoked sausage sausage 100s of times in my life. It's awesome !
                    Know the people who work there, and the Fischer's reputation, if I had to guess, they would love to hear about this.
                    I'm also about 100% sure, that they will square up with you.
                    30+ yrs of stopping through there and it never disappoints.

Comment

So easy to make your own !!! Put as much, or as little, jalapeños or cheese you like. 1 or 2 deer processed will pay for you to buy your own stuff. We would do 5 plus deer in a weekend and make it a party

Comment

Maybe I will give them a call because, like I said, it can’t normally taste like this. Far too many people, for far too many years have had great things to say about the place. No way this sausage can be what everyone was talking about. And if was just me and my family that didn’t like it then maybe our taste buds are weird but we have had other folks try it and nobody likes it.

I purchased stuff from inside the store when I dropped the deer and it was great.

Glad I started this thread because the whole thing just didn’t make sense to me.

Comment

I would call them and tell them your displeasure.

Comment

Ive never brought a deer to Fischer’s, but I’ve always heard good things about them.

On the other hand, I’ve brought many deer to Sklenariks. Their smoked sausage is about the best I’ve ever had.

Comment

I haven't paid in 20 yrs plus, we always do our own. I can't reiterate how simple it is, add in your own cracked peppercorns, etc......pick up pork butts at carnival cheap to grind up and mix in.

Comment

Working...
                              X