No announcement yet.

Shooting range close call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gun club here doesn’t have any sort of RO/SO, and I appreciate that. Usually folks just communicate when someone is going down range. I have had to get on to a few people about sweeping, but usually it’s pretty safe.

RO’s on the line usually just **** me off.

Comment

Where was this CM? I live here in Harlingen

Comment

We don’t do ranges period. We have private land places to shoot but this....

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
        Dad should have been the one getting his butt reamed. I watch my son like a hawk and walk him though loading and making the gun safe every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          And this is why I don’t do public shooting ranges

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So glad nobody was hurt. But that is why no one should be touching a gun when people are down range and the range officer hasn’t called the range hot.

Comment

During cease fires.. all guns are on the bench and all shooters step back away from the bench. No guns in hand! Sounds like your range needs a new range master.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                My guess is Vinson's shooting range out of Los Fresnos?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                  Or Massey's? We don't have many rifle range options. It's pretty common to have people show up out there that have absolutely zero compression of range safety and there isn't always a range officer on the line. I've seen some people who make me so nervous that I leave the rifle range.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                    Or Massey's? We don't have many rifle range options. It's pretty common to have people show up out there that have absolutely zero compression of range safety and there isn't always a range officer on the line. I've seen some people who make me so nervous that I leave the rifle range.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
                    That what I was thinking. Wouldn’t be the first time someone was shot/almost shot at Masseys

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      The gun range I've gone to for years is a family run operation. The original owner was a really nice older guy that I never had a single issue with in all the years I've gone out there. He passed away a couple of years ago and now his wife and son run the place. I get along fine with the wife but the son is bipolar or something. He lacks ANY sort of tact whatsoever and seems to walk around with a chip on his shoulder just looking to jump someone for screwing up. He's cost this establishment more money and customers than you can even fathom. He acts like he's mad at the world.

But at the end of the day, most of his barking is aimed (no pun intended) toward the idiots that don't follow the range rules. Hang around gun ranges as much as I do and you see some stupid stuff, trust me.
                      I have zero tolerance for anyone approaching a bench during a cease fire. When I'm down range adjusting or looking at targets I don't want you messing with your firearm on the bench. Drives me crazy!

I know this range well. I stopped shooting there because it is unsafe. The idiot son you refer to has been well documented in their reviews. He has ran off a lot of businessI liked the old man when he was alive and shot there a lot. I am surprised they are still open.
                      I took my business to the Garland range where they have active range officers. I also try to go during the week to avoid the crowds.
                      It is a shame because I liked the shooting tables, and they had a few 200 yd. lanes. But the only one rifle uncased at a time is pretty silly. I would take several rifles so I could shoot one while others cooled off, they don't cool down well in a case.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                        I know this range well. I stopped shooting there because it is unsafe. The idiot son you refer to has been well documented in their reviews. He has ran off a lot of business I liked the old man when he was alive and shot there a lot. I am surprised they are still open.
                        I took my business to the Garland range where they have active range officers. I also try to go during the week to avoid the crowds.
                        It is a shame because I liked the shooting tables, and they had a few 200 yd. lanes. But the only one rifle uncased at a time is pretty silly. I would take several rifles so I could shoot one while others cooled off, they don't cool down well in a case.
                        Yes, you are pretty spot on....except I don’t think it’s any more unsafe than others. The son’s people skills are lacking that’s for sure. He's definitely made a name for himself and has no doubt cost this place a lot of business. Unfortunately I don't think he cares. I’ve just learned to pretty much ignore him. If there’s a bright side to his “jerkness” it’s that the range is seldom busy It is so close and convenient to me as well. I’ve shot at Garland Public plenty and it’s just too crowded most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                          Vinsons in LF

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                            Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                              Yes, you are pretty spot on....except I don’t think it’s any more unsafe than others. The son’s people skills are lacking that’s for sure. He's definitely made a name for himself and has no doubt cost this place a lot of business. Unfortunately I don't think he cares. I’ve just learned to pretty much ignore him. If there’s a bright side to his “jerkness” it’s that the range is seldom busy It is so close and convenient to me as well. I’ve shot at Garland Public plenty and it’s just too crowded most of the time.
                              Yes, he goes back in the building and if it isn't crowded its ok. But there isn't anybody to police the idiots. And the one gun out of a case at a time doesn't work for me. I am near Oates and I-635, Garland may be closer to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X