Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your boss or company give Christmas bonuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a sizable bonus last year, and a better one this year... but there are only four of us including the owner where I work

Comment

I got one year membership in the dumbass of the month club

Comment

I used to work for a Company that gave an employee wide Christmas bonus. One year, it was $1,000 per employee, other years it was $500-750.

Definitely very generous on behalf of the owners.

With that said, there were negatives as well. Some employees began to "expect" it as compared to understanding that it truly was just a discretionary benefit. Some always complained about the amount. The other thing that used to rub me the wrong way is some employees liked to complain about merit increases and base salaries, yet always seemed to conveniently forget about the Christmas bonus received.

If I owned a Company, I probably wouldn't do it. I'd rather base bonuses/incentives off of work milestones, accomplishments, goals, etc.

Comment

35 years and 0 Christmas bonus, and I'm ok with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            I got one year membership in the dumbass of the month club
            Gotcha beat, I've got a lifetime membership.

Been at my job 31 years and I think I've gotten 2 Christmas cards and 1 $50 Lowes gift card in all those years.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you say Christmas boneless?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

No bonuses here, but I can’t complain at all.

Comment

I do now and its pretty cool.

Small school district. They give it to us Thanksgiving week. Helps a ton with kids christmas and use the rest to get ahead on payments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought the 4 sergeants that work for me gift cards to Spec's Liquors.

And when I got assigned to this job I gave up my parking spot to the Homicide Unit employee of the month. Other than that... Government jobs suck for bonuses.

Last edited by Chew; 12-13-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Nope. Company has gone full out corporate over the last 6 years. No bonus no mo.

Comment

I make a point to give my guys a bonus every year, but it’s never enough and very under appreciated. Still, it makes me feel better knowing I tried.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                          I wouldn’t expect one after loosing her cattle
                          Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Big Nate View Post
                            The part that bothers me most about giving Christmas bonus’ to the employees is that it is never enough. Most gripe for what they get and very few are grateful for what they get. At least in the industry that I work in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Yup spot on!

Comment

When I worked at city hall we would get a Christmas party with gifts and a $25 gift card. At a family owned John Deere store I worked at our Christmas bonus was whatever our biggest pay check of the year they would match it and a party. In Wind Energy bonuses are a usually given around March and it could be substantial depending on position. Anywhere from $500-$20000+.

Comment

My primary job, I work for a hospital, so no. My side hustle is a law firm and they did last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X