What is the best trail cam for the money/budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
    I may get ousted but i have had great luck with several of the middle of the road Wildgame innovations cameras.

I have had browning, stealthcam, primos and many others and they are all junk.

The wildgames seem to be the simplest/best pic quality all around camera i have used.

I had one I forgot about and left it on a post on the edge of a hay meadow. it was put up in Sept of 2018 i just found it last week and the batteries lasted until first of October. It had taken over 3K pictures over 2 years. I felt like that was a pretty good testament. I put new batteries in it and moved it over to where a feeder is.
    Glad you've had luck with Wildgame, I'd say you are in the large minority there. The large majority would agree Brownings are incredible for the money, especially the Strike Force. I have a few $28 Walmart Tascos that I'd take all day over a Wildgame.

Comment

I am guessing Bushnell Trophy Cam’s are no longer the go to?

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
        Browning strike force has been my favorite cameras for several years now. They run specials for $99 all the time. I have 9 of them now and only 1 has stopped working after 6 years
        I was die hard - hard headed Primos for years...
        Browning Strike Force now...

Comment

How many false pictures do you get with your cameras

Prefer to see all pics with an animal in them and not grass or landscape pics

Nothing worse than pulling a card and it says over a 1000 pictures

Comment

In for the info to piggyback on this same question I have. Thanks for asking it OP, and thanks for all the good info to those who are posting. Lots of good pros and cons I never thought about.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
              How many false pictures do you get with your cameras

Prefer to see all pics with an animal in them and not grass or landscape pics

Nothing worse than pulling a card and it says over a 1000 pictures

I always try to clear as much underbrush away from the camera as possible. Optimally, you would want to place it where you don’t have shadows either but I get about 70-80 pics a day with 5 or so false triggers a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                Honestly, IMO the $28 Tasco from Walmart

As good of pics as my $200 camera
                They all break so spend less. Put your money in your weapon.

Comment

Another vote for browning strike force. At 89-109 each they are prob the best imo.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    Another vote for browning strike force. At 89-109 each they are prob the best imo.
                    My vote as well. They just never quit.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                      Honestly, IMO the $28 Tasco from Walmart

As good of pics as my $200 camera
                      This cant be serious. Have you run a $175 Browning to see all the pics your missing?

I am taking it as a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X