Windmill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windmill

Anyone know who can service a windmill in Schulenberg area? Trying to get the old aermotor going. Would like to get it pumping water again, the well under it isn’t dry.

Wick’s Water well Service in La Grange used to work on windmills.

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

So why have I been told many times, that windmills have been outlawed? I keep saying when we get our well dug, I am going to put up a windmill. Have been told repeatedly, that windmills have been banned by the Feds. I don't really care, I want a windmill. Green energy is supposed to be the thing, you would think the green people would think they are great, other than they can't charge you for time they are running.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
          So why have I been told many times, that windmills have been outlawed? I keep saying when we get our well dug, I am going to put up a windmill. Have been told repeatedly, that windmills have been banned by the Feds. I don't really care, I want a windmill. Green energy is supposed to be the thing, you would think the green people would think they are great, other than they can't charge you for time they are running.

If that were true there’s a heck of a lot of people , including several of my neighbors, in Texas that are outlaws.

You might think that you're redneck
          But I'm rednecker than you

Comment

Yeah that’s not true in the least.

Comment

I don't have any service company recommendations other than it's gonna cost you!! Those guys are expensive typically

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                If that were true there’s a heck of a lot of people , including several of my neighbors, in Texas that are outlaws.

You might think that you're redneck
                But I'm rednecker than you
                I was planning getting one legal or illegal. I have noticed, that every windmill around here has either been taken down or is locked. Maybe it's actually the Edwards Authority. I have been told they have all types of rules related to pumping water out of the Edwards Aquifer. I have had at least five different people tell me that if you have a windmill on your property, it has to be disabled or you get fined some ridiculous amount of money. Around here, I have not seen a functioning windmill in years. They are all locked or taken down.

Comment

Gotta keep them golf courses green

Comment

I was planning getting one legal or illegal. I have noticed, that every windmill around here has either been taken down or is locked. Maybe it's actually the Edwards Authority. I have been told they have all types of rules related to pumping water out of the Edwards Aquifer. I have had at least five different people tell me that if you have a windmill on your property, it has to be disabled or you get fined some ridiculous amount of money. Around here, I have not seen a functioning windmill in years. They are all locked or taken down.
                    Man, that’s crazy. Must be hard on the ranchers.

Comment

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. That actually what my land business is, that man does ot from dun up to sun down. You probably been told the city crap version.

Comment

They have to be maintained……..oil has to be changed and the leathers wear out. Most ranchers have been replacing them with solar.

Comment

I know in Brazoria County it is a 1 month wait to service a windmill. If anyone knows of someone in the Brazoria County area that services windmills, please let me know.

Comment

In California they are now putting meters on private wells and making them lockable, control the water and food, control the peeps.

Comment

They are stupid simple to repair. If you are brave enough to climb the ladder

Comment

Working...
                              X