Another FREE Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m working today also.

Not really free but it does cut down the $$/hour pay rate when salaried and working 60 hours a week

Comment

I salaried lots of Saturday’s but the hard work paid off with substantial bonus that paid much higher then any overtime would have. Once overtime is in play it is managed and can be overcome with higher staffing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
        I’m a desk jockey. We aren’t ever callled into work just because everyone is working the weekend, but if your workload requires more hours during the week or on the weekend, then lucky you. You either perform or they find someone who will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BS. There are plenty of companies out there that take advantage of salaried employees and overload them with work where they can’t have weekends off.

Now if the OP isn’t keeping up with his normal workload then that’s on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've never worked salary...always punched a clock...if and when I agree to salary I will work extra if needed...there becomes a point where it'd being abused by the employer...I would think a salary should be based on a 40-50 hour work week...thats it....beyond that if there aren't commissions or bonuses and your role requires a ton of extra hours present, that should be justification for them to employ two of you....ifnits just a seasonal thing or something u are doing for the interim till they hire some help then that's understandable even though it sucksright now

Comment

Im Salary...
            I work every day of the week
            Average day is 14 plus hours
            My phone is always on , calls/texts/emails pretty much non stop.

I know what I was hired to do and I have goals in life, I only owe money on 3 items and they will be paid for in 2 to 4 years, zero CC debt.

Close on a ranch in 9 days and it will be paid for in the next 2 years if all goes to plan.
            I work so I can succeed on my goals, Im 48 now, by the time Im 55 Ill be setting on top of a mountain watching my cows grow in the valley below.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              BS. There are plenty of companies out there that take advantage of salaried employees and overload them with work where they can’t have weekends off.

Now if the OP isn’t keeping up with his normal workload then that’s on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              My workload is taken care of DAILY as well as assuming more. It is the ones that work in the "Ivory Tower" (Upper Admin) that schedule Unobtainable Targets for the Day and Week for those of on on the ground doing the work..

Comment

Working right now. Thank goodness I don't have to work weekends very often but it does happen from time to time. Just glad to have a job these days.

Comment

TBH and other social media outlets steal more time from employers M-F, than most people could make up all day Saturday. Especially if your on TBH while working on Saturday too.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

My salaried employees are paid to do a job, whatever that entails. If they feel as if they’re under-compensated for the load of work, then I’d hope they’d come to talk about it. But, beware that they’d have to defend that position, taking into account: time off, leaving early, getting there late, company truck used to haul boat to lake, company truck used on vacation, long lunches, social media usage while at work, standing around BSing, taking a excavator home for the weekend, etc. I can’t stand a clock-watcher, because I’m not a task-watcher, but if someone thinks I’m underpaying them, they better be able to defend the position. If I find or feel they are right, I feel like a ****. I don’t ever want someone working for me to feel undervalued.

Comment

Part of being salary. I’ve worked more “free days” as you call them, than a lot of people work their entire life. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                      I can tell you this if your not happy with you job move on, Life is to short.

What's the rest of the story?
                      Do you get paid vacations? and how many weeks?
                      Yes 3 weeks paid vacation a year, usually end up giving back about 3-4 days a year. Bonus eligible as well.
                      Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy my job, but working every Saturday starts to get a little old after a while. I miss a lot of family functions because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        Bingeaux!!! [emoji457] 11:30 pm last night my wife is showing me hourly/weekly trend lines on her iPad as I was face down in the pillow.......it NEVER stops when it is yours![emoji3061]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                        If there ever was a My Pillow commercial in a story that’s it! Lmao!

Comment

In my industry 50/hrs a week is the expected minimum. I work weekends either when it’s my turn, I have a lot of stuff to catch up on, or my people are doing critical stuff that I need to be there for. I also have to work random night shifts here and there whenever needed. All part of the territory with being salaried.

Comment

My job is 7 days a week, I feel your pain

Comment

Comes with the territory.They couldn't pay me enough to be salary,at my company..There are some **** nice benefits that come with it,but the middle of the night(disaster calls)..Nah,I'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                                Another Saturday Working and another day of not getting paid for it.
                                Anyone else here on salary that does not get compensated for weekend work? I don't mind the work, but after only 3 weekends off this year, it is getting OLD really fast...
                                With you sir. Not working as much now but I did for 7 or 8 years, until about a year ago. Guess I didn't "have to" technically, but always felt like I did and the work had to get done. Worked about 70 hours a week and got paid for 40.

Comment

Working...
                                X