Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    Do you have a graph up front also with the transducer on the trolling motor? You should be able to see the brush pile on the graph when you get on top of it.
    No. I just have the rear transducer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had Trip and his son AJ on Palestine yesterday. They were on their way back to Houston and wanted to see if they could get a couple hours in and catch a few fish. Trip likes to crappie fish and wanted to get his boy liking it! Got out later than I was hoping for but work had me busy. Caught fish at every stop slinging slabs over the rails with the Jenkos but they were dinks and barely legal fish. My trolling motor is acting up and I can’t turn the power over 4 or it shuts off! Wind finally laid down enough to go out and fish the timber and we put a decent mess together before they had to head back. Cleaned 31 crappie and 2 cats including both Trip and AJs PB. Headed up to Fork this morning to see if they can get the TM fixed so we can head to the crappie get together.

Comment

Probably preaching to the choir at this point, but if you want to catch crappie, book with Slew. I've known him for a little over ten years, our wives are best buds from A&M. While he made a horrible choice when selecting a college, the boy can flat put you on the fish. Its kinda weird, but dang close to being on a fishing show, but without editing! Great guy and fisherman.

I think he plans to sell his gps waypoints when he retires and buy the King Ranch.

Comment

Found a brush pile this morning. Threw my little orange buoy out, and caught some! That was exciting. Too windy to fish anywhere else. I called it quits early. Pulled 5 and the big one was a touch over 13". Eating fish today!

Comment

No luck this morning. Motor has a new problem now. Couldn't get on a good brush pile. Caught two fat 12" crappie on the bridge. And that's all she wrote.

Good thing I got beer!

Comment

Couldn't get the orange floaty/ boat/ fish triangulation down this morning. Two crappie both 12". Two bass, 3 whites.

And the boat developed a new issue. But hey hey hey! It was wet and I got cold beer! Good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                Couldn't get the orange floaty/ boat/ fish triangulation down this morning. Two crappie both 12". Two bass, 3 whites.

And the boat developed a new issue. But hey hey hey! It was wet and I got cold beer! Good day.

You gotta meal; good eats, and cold beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  You gotta meal; good eats, and cold beer!
                  Yes sir. All good! I'm at peace with the boat gods. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    Yes sir. All good! I'm at peace with the boat gods. Lol

Next time your draw-n a blank, try the Old road bed for some sandies and hybrids. They usually always on it. It's on some of the old maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Next time your draw-n a blank, try the Old road bed for some sandies and hybrids. They usually always on it. It's on some of the old maps.
                      That's where we caught the whites this morning. They were chasing minnows hard. Caught one keeper, few dinks, then went after crappie. I'm mad at them crappie something fierce I don't want to catch anything else haha.

Comment

A buddy and I caught 78 crappie from the dock in my pond this weekend.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Yes sir!

Comment

Stopped by Palestine on the way home today and beat em up pretty good! I only wanted to keep enough for fish tacos for lunch but we ended up tossing em back once the cooler was full!! Caught fish everywhere we stopped nearly. Probably cleaned 30-40 and threw back that many. Even had a couple bonus hybrids. That’s fun on 11’ crappie rods and 1/8oz jigs! They gave those Jenkos a workout!!

Still have some weekdays I can do in June and a few weekend days left.

Comment

Kept a 2 man limit last tuesday on sam rayburn. Caught over 150 total throughout the day

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

How are y'all so good at finding numbers like this?

How long do you fish around a pile before moving on? Say if you don't get a bite.

Or if you are just getting a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X