No announcement yet.

Lake Calcasieu area guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthony Busceme is my first choice for entertainment value. Scott Hanchey is not as entertaining but has always worked hard to put my groups on fish.

Comment

I was a big fan of the Poe’s before they moved. If/when I book another trip there I will probably try Bruce Baugh. I’ve fished with Hackberry Rod and Gun before and don’t have any real complaints, but quality of guides varies greatly. I’ve fished with two guides there that are awesome, but two others that sucked. Food and lodging is not worth the extra money IMO.

I have also heard good things about Eric Rue.

Comment

Look up jack corbello or Sam bordelon

Comment

I have only fished with Josh at Red Tail Charters and will again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone fished with these guys? Our previous scheduled trip in April got cancelled due to the virus and we're trying to rebook. Kevin Broussard and Cajun Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Has anyone fished with these guys? Our previous scheduled trip in April got cancelled due to the virus and we're trying to rebook. Kevin Broussard and Cajun Phil

https://www.cajunparadisecharters.com/
              Yep, I have. I can't remember the guide's name that took us out. We did catch a bunch of reds.

Comment

Chew, Cajun Phil had a TV show back in the day. I grew up in Hackberry, they good people. Cajun Guide service, Capt Kevin Beard or Capt.Brad Boudreaux they all child hood friends. HR&G, the Stansel boys are solid people also. I hear that the red fish are thick back at home in big lake now.

Comment

Originally posted by clinthwt View Post
                  Chew, Cajun Phil had a TV show back in the day. I grew up in Hackberry, they good people. Cajun Guide service, Capt Kevin Beard or Capt.Brad Boudreaux they all child hood friends. HR&G, the Stansel boys are solid people also. I hear that the red fish are thick back at home in big lake now.
                  Thanks. Yeah I found some of the old YouTube videos and some of their tournament fishing. Hopefully we get a good guide. Looks like we are going June 11th.

Comment

Let us know how you do!

Comment

Decent day on calcasieu yesterday with Cajun paradise adventures. Only 3 small trout. 20 keeper reds. 1 flounder. 3 largemouth bass! 3 sheepshead

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                        Eric Rue would be a phenomenal choice for sure! Nothing but good things.

ive fished and hunted with eric several times and can attest to this

Comment

Decent day on calcasieu yesterday with Cajun paradise adventures. Only 3 small trout. 20 keeper reds. 1 flounder. 3 largemouth bass! 3 sheepshead
                          Were y'all fishing in the weirs?

Comment

All over. Weirs too. No trout til 3 p.m. we were headed in and saw some birds working and caught a fast 3 and then that was it

Comment

20 reds sounds bad ***! I haven’t booked our ocean perch adventure but we’re gonna do it soon! Need to hurry up though. I only have 3 weekends open right now between now and October!😱

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                20 reds sounds bad ***! I haven’t booked our ocean perch adventure but we’re gonna do it soon! Need to hurry up though. I only have 3 weekends open right now between now and October!😱
                                Our guide told us to book november/december to limit out on everything (reds/trout/flounder). He said it fills up quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X