Transferring to Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
    I don’t really want to mention my companies name by name just in case I post something they don’t like. But it still being built and the only one in that town. They will be needing several people pretty soon. I think this will be great for the area but from when I first looked down there at housing it was a lot less expensive. Now it is pretty high. “My dream” scenario would to find a small house in the country out in the middle of no where with a 30 minute or so drive.

Around 30 mins will put you anywhere from Calallen to Refugio from Sinton. We live in Portland. Our property taxes have to be about the highest in San Patricio Co. Land prices are fairly high due to most of it being row crop land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Wolf Brand!!
      HEB is much better but your yankee *** wouldn't know. Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        HEB is much better but your yankee *** wouldn't know. Lol

Oklahoma/Denison Bob is calling Corpus Smart a Yankee? ... that’s rich![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
          Sam Houston moved to Texas. What state did he move from?
          Tennessee. Had a wife. Up and left her to shack up with some Indian woman.

Comment

WTH is going on with all this Beans in chili talk, starting to lose confidence in some of you.

Comment

Another thing you need to know! All this chili with/without beans talk is just to distract you from knowing that you need to start snacking on jalapeños now to condition yourself for some of the most finest breakfast in the entire world, the taco truck breakfast taco/burrito!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                If you like Mexican food you need to get with Breezy, he has memorized the menu of every taco stand in a 60 mile radius from Corpus.

That’s why they call him Breezy, duh!
                Welcome to Texas where a man can act like a man. And bring all your guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
                  You will get used to the humidity in 20-30 years

Fact-check says that’s a lie.
                  You never get use to it.

Comment

I am looking forward to not having a foot or so of snow and temps below zero. I can’t prepare myself for the constant heat from February thru December. That will be the part that I will have to get used too.

Comment

Congrats and welcome to Texas.

Comment

Thanks again

Comment

Welcome! The plant is actually closer to Portland than Sinton. I bought a few acres and built a house a few years back just under a mile from where it's being built. The area has grown tremendously in the last few years. I sold the home and bought a house and 20 acres about 30 mins out.

There are alot of areas you could look for like you mentioned in the general vicinity without living in town in Portland or Sinton. Portland is nice but you mentioned being in the country. Close to the plant, there is a lot of rural area like Woodsboro, Sinton, Ingleside all with easy country drive away less than 30 minutes.

There are alot of TBH's in this area, many I have yet to meet. I moved here 12 years ago. Feel free to PM me for any specific questions or if I could answer any question you might have.

Best of luck to you.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Oklahoma/Denison Bob is calling Corpus Smart a Yankee? ... that’s rich![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                            Waco/Wimberley BoB [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]...is going to HEB.

Comment

If anyone has a very inexpensive camper not too horribly far from there could you send me a PM? I am going to need somewhere to stay for several months before my family comes down with me. I didn’t want to get a house until my house up here would sell and a month or two before they come down.
                              I won’t be coming down until the end of June, early July or early August so the person would have to be a little patient with me with my arrival date.
                              I figured I would just park it at a rv/camper park and stay as long as I could. Like I said though, it has to be inexpensive cause they are not splurging on moving expenses! I figured there were a few members that were halfway close to that area that may be able to help a guy out.
                              Thanks

Comment

I should of also said feel free to pm me I know some times when selling something people don’t always want people to know how much they sold something and totally respect that.

Comment

Working...
                                X