Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What riding lawn mower or zero turn would you get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundra

Comment

If you have slope or ditches on your acreage zero turns will have issues. I went the John Deere route, X350 with 48" deck.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my Ferris ISX 3300 with a 72" deck. I've only had it a month so I don't have any complaints yet. I went with Ferris for the suspension.

If not Ferris my second choice was the Scag Turf Tiger II. I caint resist orange with black tiger stripes. I'm gonna paint one of my Unimogs that color.

My Troybilt has been abused for 12 years and keeps going even thought I treat it like a bush hog. I have replaced a lot of spindles, a deck and a couple pulleys over the years. It will beat your back out though.
        Last edited by GA Bowhunter; 05-21-2020, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyguitarguy View Post
          In your experience in buying from a dealer, are you able to work out a deal or is it straight firm price right out the gate?

I searched Google for the cheapest dealer and then got a closer dealer to match the price. I got a good bit off of msrp but it was an expensive mower.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyguitarguy View Post
            In your experience in buying from a dealer, are you able to work out a deal or is it straight firm price right out the gate?
            You should be able to get 25 percent off

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got the 52” Gravely HD with Kawasaki motor. Had it for roughly 4 years and have been pleased.

Comment

Ferris is a good mower. I have the briggs 28hp motor with oil gaurd.

Get a mower with a good deck, then look at width you need, then buy enough motor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 60" exmark and it's been fantastic for the last 11 years. My suggestion would be the go commercial, even if low end, if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by M6A2REPR View Post
                    Ferris is a good mower. I have the briggs 28hp motor with oil gaurd.

Get a mower with a good deck, then look at width you need, then buy enough motor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                    I looked at different Ferris models today and sit on a couple of them. Those things sure are made solid with heavy duty construction. Not sure how they ride but they are sure comfortable on the show room floor.

Comment

Scag commercial. The Spartans are intriguing and the prices look great.

Comment

All I have to say, "Hustler". You know, just saying.......cC

Comment

I have a Ferris and can't complain. As said if you have slopes or ditches a zero turn is not the best machine and they will get stuck due to weight. My second choice was Gravely but the Ferris dealer was a lot closer.

Comment

I’m running an 2008 Dixie Chopper. My next mower will be Scag, whenever that might be.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                              I looked at different Ferris models today and sit on a couple of them. Those things sure are made solid with heavy duty construction. Not sure how they ride but they are sure comfortable on the show room floor.
                              They ride great.

On my cheap big box zero turn it beats my back so bad I can hardly walk the next day.

On my Ferris I actually look forward to cutting the grass. I have always enjoyed cutting grass but it hasn't been fun the last few years because of my back(L4/L5-L5/S1 discs).

Between the 4 wheel suspension and the suspension seat the Ferris is a great ride.

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
                                ...and they will get stuck due to weight.
                                My mower weights 1,717 lbs. That's 200 pounds heavier than one of my cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X