New flounder Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
    I got my renewal notice from CCA the other day. I told them I will not be supporting their organization. I feel they have lost interest in representing the recreational anglers. The flounder regulations further prove my view. It’s a sad day.
    They never represented the anglers, not sure what ever gave you that impression.

Comment

I stopped renewals CCA years ago because less trips to my native Texas coast. I would assume they still do a lot of good? Recently they found me and prompting me to rejoin? Reports here have me wondering what happened! Seemed a great organization years ago. Texas Fish and Game Magazine? Are they gone? Loved Chester's articles an privileged to communicate with him a few times. Lots of good info about flounder from Mr. Moore. The shrimpers were a big loss of juveniles just trying to earn a living. I think that has greatly been reduced but been out of the loop. I have been able to catch some from Packery again so who knows! 15" 12" ok. 1 or 10. If I get 1 , happy. I can always catch some whiting if hongry

Comment

Don’t worry , “man” will fix the problem, always knows what’s best

Comment

So is commercial dial shut down as well during that time?

Population may be down but I found a little hole and have caught more in the last 6 months than I've caught in the last 10 years!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post

Population may be down but I found a little hole and have caught more in the last 6 months than I've caught in the last 10 years!
            Not that many Commercial licenses left compared to 10 years ago, CCA buys everyone of them out they can.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post

Yes:
              Coastal Fisheries

Flounder – Increase minimum size limit from 14 inches to 15 inches and close the season for the month of November through December 14 (recreational and commercial);

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Yeah I’m in the water a lot, and I mean a lot, and flounder numbers are down. I only catch 4-6 a year. I don’t target them but bycatch flounder used to come more often. I sold my flounder boat several years ago, when it went to 5 fish. There’s a bunch of pressure on them, they’re pretty easy to gig. And also environmental factors that are affecting their numbers. There’s barely even a commercial market for flounder anymore or commercial take. Gigging boats and warm winters are the reason flounder populations are on the decline. Who do you think gives CCA more money, the handful of commercial flounder guys left, or the recreational anglers. Follow the money is with the recreational angler.
                Did you sell your main boat when trout went to 5?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  Did you sell your main boat when trout went to 5?
                  Nope. I enjoy catching trout. I would still go fishing even if it was catch and release. Flounder gigging is grocery shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Nope. I enjoy catching trout. I would still go fishing even if it was catch and release. Flounder gigging is grocery shopping.
                    I'm just screwing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      I'm just screwing with you.

I know. I like floundering too, I did a lot when I was in my early twenties. Now I’m too lazy to stay up all night. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        I agree with the Redfish thing, not only eating other species but competition for resources as well.

As for the flounder, are we really getting our pitchforks and torches ready over a 1" increase in size limit? I'd rather not box a 14.5" flounder anyway.

I don't care for closing the whole darn thing to flounder for 6 weeks, but I'll ***** about that next year.
                        The 1” size increase doesn’t bother me at all. Its the 6 week 0 bag limit that I don’t get. If the population is in that bad of decline making them a gamefish makes more sense to me...

Comment

They need to up the redfish limit to 10 and drop the size limit to something edible like 16 inches.. I only flounder fish.. i don't eat trout or redfish. I haven't had a problem finding fish .. infact this has been the best year of the last 3 for me..Everytime Humans mettle with mother nature it screws something else up..

Comment

Why do ya'll worry about crap like this? Learn a foreign language and tell the game warden you no speaky english. Take your warning and keep doing what you were doing. Easy Peasy.

Comment

CCA is an E'fn joke for the recreational fisherman. I miss the GCCA of the 80's.

Comment

Working...
                              X