New flounder Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New flounder Regulations

Surprised a thread hasn't been started about it yet or maybe I missed it. 15" instead of 14 and 0 bag limit Nov. 1 thru Dec 15th....I guess ill continue buying a Louisiana license. Sounds like CCA was pushing it hard. Contemplating boycotting the star tournament this year.

CCA is a joke.. Just take away from the weekend anglers while giving Commercial fishermen whatever they want.. Just like with anything else, just follow the money

Comment

GCCA was great. Name's not the only thing that changed.

Comment

When does it start?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
          When does it start?
          2021. Delaying the closure part for a year ,because of covid . From the way it reads on TPWD the 15 in length starts Sept 1st 2020.
          Last edited by DUKFVR; 05-21-2020, 03:29 PM.

Comment

What a bunch of crap. Many people (myself included) were ok with the reduction to a 2 fish limit during the fall run as the flounder population is vulnerable during that time; especially the females heading for the gulf. However, a complete shut-down of the fishery? What a joke. As usual, recreational anglers get screwed.

From what I read, the regulation on flounder won't go into effect until 2021, so the 2 fish limit still applies for this coming fall.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
              CCA is a joke.. Just take away from the weekend anglers while giving Commercial fishermen whatever they want.. Just like with anything else, just follow the money
              What did the commercial guys get?

Comment

What they should have done is make flounder a game fish, but then the commercial side would have really been screaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bellyache all you want to about the CCA but, tell me, what organization do you BELONG to that does more for our coastal resources? Just like those that cry and whine about the NRA but don't put their money where their mouth is. I have belonged to the GCCA since it's second year (now the CCA) and I don't agree with everything they do. I call them and let them know.

Comment

I got my renewal notice from CCA the other day. I told them I will not be supporting their organization. I feel they have lost interest in representing the recreational anglers. The flounder regulations further prove my view. It’s a sad day.

Comment

There is a major flounder population issue but it is not due to over fishing, it is due to the redfish population explosion over the last 15-20 years!!
                      We have entirely too many redfish and they devour baby flounder... They eat juveniles of every species... Nothing is off limits..

Comment

I agree with the Redfish thing, not only eating other species but competition for resources as well.

As for the flounder, are we really getting our pitchforks and torches ready over a 1" increase in size limit? I'd rather not box a 14.5" flounder anyway.

I don't care for closing the whole darn thing to flounder for 6 weeks, but I'll ***** about that next year.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          I agree with the Redfish thing, not only eating other species but competition for resources as well.

As for the flounder, are we really getting our pitchforks and torches ready over a 1" increase in size limit? I'd rather not box a 14.5" flounder anyway.

I don't care for closing the whole darn thing to flounder for 6 weeks, but I'll ***** about that next year.
                          Yeah I’m in the water a lot, and I mean a lot, and flounder numbers are down. I only catch 4-6 a year. I don’t target them but bycatch flounder used to come more often. I sold my flounder boat several years ago, when it went to 5 fish. There’s a bunch of pressure on them, they’re pretty easy to gig. And also environmental factors that are affecting their numbers. There’s barely even a commercial market for flounder anymore or commercial take. Gigging boats and warm winters are the reason flounder populations are on the decline. Who do you think gives CCA more money, the handful of commercial flounder guys left, or the recreational anglers. Follow the money is with the recreational angler.

Comment

Shrimping bycatch, loss of estuaries, and decreasing water quality are what spell doom for flounder. Not recreational fishing.

Comment

Working...
                            X