No announcement yet.

Pool is chlorine locked. What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sand or cartage filter? Do you vacuum In backwash mode? Sounds like you might be checking the levels to often and adding chemicals before the pump has time to circulate what you added. Chunk the test strips in the trash

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
      Sand or cartage filter? Do you vacuum In backwash mode? Sounds like you might be checking the levels to often and adding chemicals before the pump has time to circulate what you added. Chunk the test strips in the trash
      It's a sand filter and we vacuum in waste mode I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        It's a sand filter and we vacuum in waste mode I believe.
        You are taking water out of the pool and refilling everytime? That is where your chlorine is going.

Comment

The soda ash must have worked a little because my wife just stuck a test strip in and it changed color a little. I'm thinking she should add some more soda ash.
          You ask for advise and many on here have given great advise. You have yet to use any ofnthat advise and are still shooting in the dark. Get a real test kit and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrell_County View Post
            Cyanuric acid

Yep I think that is the problem.

Comment

I figured way to much stabilizer... Chlorine is there but locked

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                You ask for advise and many on here have given great advise. You have yet to use any ofnthat advise and are still shooting in the dark. Get a real test kit and be done with it.
                One of those suggestions was to add soda. Or did you miss that? I've got the test kit.

Comment

One of those suggestions was to add soda. Or did you miss that? I've got the test kit.
                  My point was until you have the results from a good test kit you were shooting in the dark.

Comment

Which test kit?

Comment

Some people on here are giving good advise, others are just taking shots in the dark giving suggestions.

Give us the results of your PH, Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, and CYA. Once you give specific numbers for those we can tell you exactly what to do. Throw the test strips away and get an actual test kit.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                        Which test kit?
                        Any one that uses drops.

Though, I have cleaned hundreds of pools hundreds of times and never had a problem with the strips.

Comment

Get a Taylor. You need to know cyanuric acid test for sure. Otherwise you are pizzing in the wind

Comment

You can order a Taylor 2005 test kit from a number of different places. That really is your best bet. LFD recommended the 2006 in an earlier post and it would do just as well. It's more precise and accurate on the chlorine test, but your typical home owner doesn't need that.

Comment

Just got out of my pool. Felt great. Hope the OP got his water tested and corrected by now.

Comment

Pool is chlorine locked. What to do?.
                                Call a locksmith of course...........

Can't believe I beat Chew on this one.....lol

Comment

Working...
                                X