No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to rockport tomorrow afternoon for a long weekend. First time we’ve been able to get my father in laws boat out since this whole corona junk started

Comment

Congrats birddog!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
        Finally got my new boat a few weeks ago. Can’t wait to get her slimy and salty

Me likey nice boat congrats

Comment

Great looking boat....seeing all the pictures of new boats is making me want to start the build process for a new one.

Comment

Josh smoked me...caught and released a lot of reds. His went 8.75 at 28”...
            Attached Files

Comment

I live 4 hours from the salt so I split it up between bass fishing and the bay. My true love is saltwater so I go as much as I can. I have a older bass boat for the lakes and this boat for the bays. Pretty good upgrade from my 19 ft explorer tunnel v
              Good looking boat and you will love it. Mine does just fine in the freshwater as well

21 or 23?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                Good looking boat and you will love it. Mine does just fine in the freshwater as well

21 or 23?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  I get some funny looks on conroe in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took our mid tower cat boat up to Richland Chambers to chase white bass and hybrid a few weeks back. We got every look you can think of and a handful of funny comments from the bass cat crowd. It was rough as heck though and we were fishing (deck drains got a workout) while they were headed back to their trailers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                    We took our mid tower cat boat up to Richland Chambers to chase white bass and hybrid a few weeks back. We got every look you can think of and a handful of funny comments from the bass cat crowd. It was rough as heck though and we were fishing (deck drains got a workout) while they were headed back to their trailers.
                    More than once Ive had the ditch pickle go fast boats follow me across the lake when its rough. One time there was 3 crossing fayette.

On another note I was profiled in my bay boat once. Son and I were on fayette and catching pretty good. There was easily 8 bass boats around us and junior and I were wearing them guys out. Warden slides in and rolls over to us and proceeds to check both coolers and both live wells. Once he done he splits, he dont even do as much as a water safety check on the other boats

Comment

Weird day on the water for me too. Like Mexico I slammed the small trout, topwater, tails etc, only managed two 16''er' out of around 25 fish. Rolled into the marsh and found a school of about 30 reds running around. It turned into a rodeo. Not a bad day. Good luck out there this weekend fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                        Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        More than once Ive had the ditch pickle go fast boats follow me across the lake when its rough. One time there was 3 crossing fayette.
                        To be fair now (), most fisherman across the board don't like being on the water when it's windy/rough. I follow other boats all the time if it's rough and they're going the same direction I want to go. I currently have an 88 Champion (for now ), so let's just say I ain't skurred of a little chop.

Comment

Got to do a little fishing for my B-Day Wednesday.

Started by going gigging the night before.. Saw 10-12 empty flounder beds . Ended up sticking a 17” then heading home.

Fished POC beach front with the wife. She caught a 23” red, I caught 20” and 18” trout. A few other dink’s and rats. Then had a 3-4’ shark do a drive by on us. Luckily he didn’t take a bite out of our fish.

Had a great dinner at Dockside.

Then went and ran dogs a couple hours. Ran a few out of the corn but couldn’t get em stopped.

Was a great day to say the least.

Comment

Looks like we’re going to have great weather next week.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Looks like we’re going to have great weather next week.
                              Yea, you might as well go to the deer lease!!

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                                Got to do a little fishing for my B-Day Wednesday.

Started by going gigging the night before.. Saw 10-12 empty flounder beds . Ended up sticking a 17” then heading home.
                                Hey, it was my birthday Wednesday and I also went gigging Tuesday night in POC.

Comment

Working...
                                X